2. Re: New car question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Not sure why, but my photos have been uploaded in a slightly haphazard way.

I went into the dealership today to sign paperwork etc and the car was there, so I could have a sneak preview before the big reveal for my wife on Friday.

Glad I did, it wasn't quite the spec I was expecting. It's a stock car, with only 2 options, full leather and 21 inch wheels. My order says the darker 21 inch alloys, but the car has on it the silver ones. The interior is grey full leather, not black, which no one mentioned when we were looking at the stock list.

The leather I'm not too worried about, if anything it looks better, but the wheels are a disappointment to me and the wife. It was a genuine mistake, the car on the stock list does say the code for the silver ones, but we were looking at lots of different cars and I think both me and the salesmen got a bit confused.

They have amended the order and knocked off the extra £300 for the dark ones and have said that there is no way to swap them. There are no other cars, other than fully loaded that we can't afford to swap for, and we don't want to wait for a factory order due to an upcoming Christmas holiday in the Alps.

Do Audi sell other wheels for the Q7 direct from the dealer, struggling to find it on the Audi website?
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 0 0

3. Re: New car question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Yes Audi they have a nice set of 21" blackened alloys as an accessory (see accessory book), the problem is with rubber you are looking at about £6500. That said a month ago Wimbledon Audi had 2 sets they ere looking to get shot of for half price ~£3000. I was tempted for 5 seconds as they would look great but not a good as 3k extra in the bank account...

0 0 0

4. Re: New car question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    The wheels were still bothering me, so I went back again to see what I could do.

By the time I'd left, I'd got the wheels I want and still getting delivery Friday

However, by this afternoon there will be a blue Q7 in their showroom sitting on a brand new shiny set of alloy wheels!

To be fair to Sheffield Audi they were great about it and offered up the swap when I said I was already googling powder coating wheels for a £50k car I'd not even collected yet.

0 1 0

5. Re: New car question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    We're both picking our cars up on Friday! Cool!

Glad you got the wheels you want. Nothing worse than paying this sort of money on something that "niggles" you about something.

My niggle was the finance was proposed over 4 years, when I quizzed about warranties it turns out everything runs out after 3, and then costs more to extend. So I got them to change the deal to 3 years - I now feel much happier.

Mine has the 22" wheels, I opted for the alloy wheel insurance as I'm terrified I'll kerb them. The only thing I would have liked is the smoked/darkened rear light clusters - I could retrofit them but not sure if it's worth it on a car I don't actually own! :-)

0 1 0

6. Re: New car question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Oh, the spot in the showroom where my Q7 was has now been replaced by a blue SQ7 - my God it's gorgeous.... maybe next time! ;-)

0 1 0

7. Re: New car question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fronty View Post
    We're both picking our cars up on Friday! Cool!

Glad you got the wheels you want. Nothing worse than paying this sort of money on something that "niggles" you about something.

My niggle was the finance was proposed over 4 years, when I quizzed about warranties it turns out everything runs out after 3, and then costs more to extend. So I got them to change the deal to 3 years - I now feel much happier.

Mine has the 22" wheels, I opted for the alloy wheel insurance as I'm terrified I'll kerb them. The only thing I would have liked is the smoked/darkened rear light clusters - I could retrofit them but not sure if it's worth it on a car I don't actually own! :-)
    I wouldn't touch your car, it looks great. I always think that the darker light clusters look a bit like a modder has done it themselves, a bit too aftermarket looking for me.

If this was our only expensive car, I'd definitely have gone for the look you have. Just couldn't afford all the options after already buying a BMW 440i Gran Coupe in March.

0 0 0

8. Re: New car question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Could be wrong but if you are driving to the Alps winter tyres might be a good investment, although only on 19's, but genuine Audi q7 set up, I have a set that have paid one visit to Switzerland and are now sat in my garage.

0 0 0

9. Re: New car question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dghdgh View Post
    Could be wrong but if you are driving to the Alps winter tyres might be a good investment, although only on 19's, but genuine Audi q7 set up, I have a set that have paid one visit to Switzerland and are now sat in my garage.
    You've got me thinking now. I'm not going to buy a set of winter wheels, I don't want to put a new set of wheels on straight after buying. I want to enjoy what I've worked hard to get into the deal. Plus, I just spent £1600 on some for my BMW, not got endless funds.

We're staying in Annecy, so not up high in the Alps proper. We are planning on driving up there for some day trips, but if the weather is awful we don't have to. What I might do is swap the tyres that come with the car for some all season tyres and sell the ones that came with the car to keep costs down a bit.

0 0 0

10. Re: New car question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I am sure you will enjoy the car and it will exceed your expectations.

0 1 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12