Took the plunge this weekend and placed my order.

Finally decided on an A4 Allroad rather than the A4 Avant Quatttro. I just liked the look (ordered in white) and the fact it could cope with some more rugged tracks without touching the ground - yes it's not a full off-road vehicle but it'll cover the bases I need. Also thought the A4 avant just didn't look interesting enough in the limited Audi colours available - come on Audi how about doubling the colour choice without customers having to pay for the expensive custom colour paint options.

So I chose the Allroad Luxe version with the 2.0TFSi engine ( Luxe is the higher French trim of 2 trim/option levels)

Options: 18'' 5 V spoke alloys, matrix headlights, sports seats (half leather/alcantara chosen), sports front seats electric/memory options , half flat steering wheel, multi colour LED interior, tow bar, comfort keyless system, rear airbags, (phone box, virual cockpit, MMI, rear privacy insulated glass, 3 years Audi connect are included in French Lux spec), Bang & Olufsen sound system, hill hold assist, lateral adjusting head rests, adaptive suspension system, dynamic direction steering system, road safety pack ( all those tech/safety features) , Advanced parking and town options.

Arriving in early/mid December and I'll do a small review or at least my thoughts. It will be replacing my trusty, loved A4 avant 3.0TDi quattro. Looking forward to the less smelly, quieter engine - will miss the 3.0tdi torque and the great economy/range of the diesel.

Anybody know who (apart from Audi) in the UK might sell 18" x 7.5J" '5-twin-spoke dynamic' design alloy wheels replicas or close enough? I'm looking for a set of winter wheels with winter tyres that would look the part.

Regards