1. Gracenote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Gracenote? Is it actually supposed to do anything? My MMI is connected to the internet as required by Gracenote and the manual says it will download song data as needed. Now, I've got a couple of loaded SD cards and the files without any tagging information do not get updated from Gracenote. I'm suspecting that it may only be for CDs, but I've no longer got any to try. The manual doesn't say this, just me speculating, so anyone any information on how it's supposed to work. Jukebox only maybe?

As an aside I'm slowly going through my files and tagging them all manually with mp3tag, which is a chore.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

2. Re: Gracenote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Well. I'm organised at last. All my muzak is neatly arranged and all nicely tagged correctly. I must try to keep on top of it though and not let it get in a mess again. Third world problems eh?
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

3. Re: Gracenote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Just for info, Gracenote is an online CD database. It only works on CD's as from my understanding it looks at the length of each track, file size of each track and then recognises the CD only if they both match. Therefore any ripped tracks won't be recognised.
    One problem I had when loading music onto my MMI was that album art has to be a certain size. If it's too high a resolution the MMI show it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 1 0

4. Re: Gracenote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    That makes sense about Gracenote and CDs.

This is supposed to be useful to bulk resize album art. Luckily I knew about the limitations before tagging my mp3s, so got the size and dimensions right beforehand.

Sanse Mp3 Art Sizer : Home

0 0 0

5. Re: Gracenote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Even if my ipod has all the artwork stored on it, very few tracks actually display the album cover - is this not supposed to be carried out by gracenote?

0 0 0

6. Re: Gracenote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    It doesn't seem like it's much use if it only looks at CDs. I have just ticked the box to enable it and not noticed it make any difference yet.

I've just moved from a 2013 to 2016 A6 (assuming the software is shared with the A7 so relevant here) and it seems much fussier about album art - I run all my music from an SD card and half the album art doesn't seem to show up any more :-(
    Now: 2016 C7 2.0TDi BE with Tech Pack, magic parking, ambient lighting
    Previous: 2013 C7 2.0 TDi S Line
    C6 2.0 TDI LE
    A4 2.0 TDI SE
    and an ancient 80 in the olden days...

0 0 0

7. Re: Gracenote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nevbadger99 View Post
    It doesn't seem like it's much use if it only looks at CDs. I have just ticked the box to enable it and not noticed it make any difference yet.

I've just moved from a 2013 to 2016 A6 (assuming the software is shared with the A7 so relevant here) and it seems much fussier about album art - I run all my music from an SD card and half the album art doesn't seem to show up any more :-(
    It will most likely be the size of the embedded picture file. You could use mp3tag but that can take ages for each track/album. Or try this, it's supposed to bulk resize embedded art:

0 0 0

8. Re: Gracenote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
    It will most likely be the size of the embedded picture file. You could use mp3tag but that can take ages for each track/album. Or try this, it's supposed to bulk resize embedded art:

Thanks, that looks ideal, I had started ploughing through one by one but that will save me hours :-)
    Now: 2016 C7 2.0TDi BE with Tech Pack, magic parking, ambient lighting
    Previous: 2013 C7 2.0 TDi S Line
    C6 2.0 TDI LE
    A4 2.0 TDI SE
    and an ancient 80 in the olden days...

0 0 0