Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi All

Picking up my New 2.0 Tdi SE Business saloon on Monday and i'm in 2 minds about having Car Net App Connect

Basically I want to be able to Make and receive calls and receive and make text messages while driving

So can I do and do I need it to do this

Fed up of missing phone calls and Text messages with the phone is in my pocket

Any thoughts much appreciated

0 0 0

2. Re: Car net App Connect - Do I need 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You don't need Car Net for reading text messages - just use Apple Carplay or Android Auto (built into the Discover system). You will need to connect it with a cable, but you can also use it for making and receiving calls. Or just use bluetooth for making/receiving calls. Car Net is used for the additional features, like news, weather, POI, detailed traffic, traffic flow, and Google Earth (although they are stopping Google services on Discover systems).
    Now: 2016 Passat SE Business Estate | V&C Pack | AID | DLA | TPMS
    Old: 2012 A4 Avant SE Technik | TDIe | Tech Pack High | Foldy Mirrors | TPMS | Heated Seats | Auto Hold

0 0 0

3. Re: Car net App Connect - Do I need 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You need to buy as an extra to be able to use Apple Carplay or AA, i've "discovered" this myself.

0 0 0

4. Re: Car net App Connect - Do I need 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    I think newer models have android auto as standard (67 plate) my 17 plate has it but not sure about standard.

The media unit will read your messages but android auto is a whole other level. It'll read all messages and allow you to reply via voice.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Car net App Connect - Do I need 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The only cable I used with Apple Carplay was my normal USB lightning cable that came with the phone. I don't think you need anything else do you?
    Now: 2016 Passat SE Business Estate | V&C Pack | AID | DLA | TPMS
    Old: 2012 A4 Avant SE Technik | TDIe | Tech Pack High | Foldy Mirrors | TPMS | Heated Seats | Auto Hold

0 0 0

6. Re: Car net App Connect - Do I need 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a new 67 plate GTE with latest Nav system but "Car Net App" is an add on which can also be retrofitted. You need the car net app for mirror link, apple car play or android auto. This then lets me use the voice services of android when connected by USB and access Amazon Music, Spotify etc via the head unit. Also gives option of using map apps that are on the phone.

If you only want text messages and calls the standard system without car net app will suffice as it puts them on the screen and will read messages out.

0 1 0