I have a 57 plate ibiza fr 1.9tdi with BLT engine code. It has 153000 miles on the clock all done by myself. I have done a considerable amount of work on this vehicle in the years since owning it, so thought I knew most of its foibles!

I have recently fitted a refurbished turbo as the vaccum actuator decided to pack up (not the actual turbo per say).

Before I fitted the turbo the car was in good order with no mechanical or electrical faults (except the turbo actuator).

Since fitting the turbo I have a g28 speed sensor error, along with an inlet manifold flap (anti shudder valve) error, n75 and n18 error.

I have changed the speed sensor for a genuine Febi part for £50 ish. I have also checked relay 109 (fuel pump), and all fuses and they are all sound.

The inlet manifold flap (anti shudder valve) has no power going to it which is really weird, which I assume will be the reason for the n75, n18 and inlet manifold flap errors. Hence I assumed it was a fuse.

To ensure the turbo wasn't starved of oil before hand the engine was cranked without starting (x3 for 5 seconds) - this was achieved by removing the fuel pump and injector fuse (as suggested by my local vag garage) numbers 40 and 25 in the drivers side dash.

I am beginning to wonder if cranking the engine with these fuses removed has messed something up within the ECU. The question is - if so how do I remedy this, if that even is the fault?

I also now have no PAS (which makes a god awful whining noise, until the car eventually starts then it goes away), ABS, or TCS, the car takes 10 seconds to start, it used to be instant.

It also just randomly cuts out when trying to drive it, which makes me wonder if the speed sensor is working at all. Previously I tested between pins 1 and 2 and got 471 ohms (recommendations is around 800 ohms), I haven't tested the new sensor yet.

I removed the battery and checked the PAS pump but could find no errors. Incidentally my radio no longer works, I can't seem to get the car to accept the code.

The sensor which was changed is the one behind and to the right of the oil filter/cooler housing, front of the engine. Part no: 038 957 147 E.

I understand there is another sensor under the starter motor, but I can't get a clear understanding if that is just on petrol models. Haynes manual suggested the speed sensor (also known as the crankcase sensor) was on the left hand side on the engine under the plastic covering over the cambelt - couldn't find anything here even when using an endoscope.

The codes are permanently in the system even when cleared with VCDS. I took it to my local VAG garage and they have no idea what the answer is.

I am personally at a loss as to what to try next, and having spent quite a lot of money recently I am thinking I might have to scrap the car which would be an awful shame.

If anyone can shed any light on what I could try next I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Kate