1. Re: Lemforder or Febi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    That is for worrying when tires' wear are not equal.

My car is now on 208000km, so far everything is original from suspension parts, no noise, no odd wear on tires. Anyhow, I will bring it to make alignment check.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Audi A6 Sedan C6 2.0 TDIe 2011 Condor Grey metallic

0 0 0

2. Re: Lemforder or Febi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    if your roads are good then it should be ok.

Your car is an S line with 18 inch wheels, i have the 17 in wheels an the tyre pressure is a pain as the door sticker is not correct.

if i run with the audi pressures for my tyres they are over inflated so i drop the fronts by 1 psi which seams to be ok.
    Last edited by dan2485; 08-10-2017 at 09:44 AM.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

3. Re: Lemforder or Febi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    I replaced the LH front lower control arms last night.

The front control which the damper is mounted on was the culprit as the ball joint was sloppy (not long before it would have been knocking).

The front lower rear arm was ok, i replaced this also as not to do the job twice.

The bushes were in a good a condition with not too much movement in them.

One thing to note the febi arms come with bolts and nuts but the ball joint arm nut has a plastic lock nut type of arrangement which caused the ball to spin and would not tighten, this was a pig of a job to free off to remove the nut.

I then ran them on the old arm to cut the thread in the plastic ring.

I did the job on a lift doing this on floor stands would have been a nightmare.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

1. Track Rod Ends Ocap or Lemforder
    By GMul4d in forum Audi A3 - 8P - 2004 - 2012
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2016, 11:03 PM
  2. Coolant Temp Sensor Febi
    By gavsman in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 02:56 PM
  3. Febi Bilstein Parts
    By TDiBoraSam in forum Bora - 1998 - 2005
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-04-2008, 01:10 PM
  4. Which control arms meyle, febi, vag ?
    By jemthetaxi in forum Passat - Archive Topics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-03-2007, 08:51 PM
  5. Which Control Arms,meyle..febi..vag ?
    By jemthetaxi in forum Archive posts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 11:24 PM