Notices

User Tag List

Thread: allroad radio reception infuriatingly annoying!

1. allroad radio reception infuriatingly annoying! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I am having trouble with the radio in my allroad. It has the satnav type radio, the radio works well in some places and in other it is horrendous and the longer it is on the worse it gets.

On a long drive the signal is pretty useless, if your listening to radio 2 the signal will be lost, if you scroll to the next station and straight back to radio 2 the signal instantly improves to perfect radio and within 30 seconds it deteriorates to a mix of static and the odd bit of sound.

I have read many threads and cant quite find anything that is similar to this issue, but I see there are a few common faults
    - water getting into the antenna
    - radio headunit being defective.

1 water into the antenna... sounds logical, the gps for the satnav doesnt work either, so this could be linked?

2 faulty head unit... this could get expemsive

What i dont get is why the signal is great when you switch to the channel and quickly deteriorates...

Any suggestions before I go mad driving down the motorway with no radio?

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: allroad radio reception infuriatingly annoying! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    A fault code read of the head unit plus looking at measuring blocks for signal strength may help, those sat nav roof units often play up.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: allroad radio reception infuriatingly annoying! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I had a bad leak around the roof seal on my aerial, I've fixed that and the roof lining has dried out but the signal was still terrible, The radio was quite worn and abused so I changed it for a single DIN USB/CD/Tuner but it still has poor reception and will only receive Radio 1 on occasions - I think the aerial is toast.
    2003 A6 C5 2.5 TDI Quattro Avant (180bhp)

0 0 0

4. Re: allroad radio reception infuriatingly annoying! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your thoughts so far, read the faults today and got the following

Address 56: Radio Labels: None Controller: 4B0 035 192 P Component: RNS-E BASIC EU H52 0100 Coding: 0509317 Shop #: WSC 02335 VCID: 2A274188C5E73 Faults Found:
    00532 - Supply Voltage B+ 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
    00446 - Function Limitation due to Under-Voltage 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
    00862 - Antenna for GPS Navigation (R50/R52) 011 - Open Circuit

Cleared the faults and only 00862 returned which points towards a dodgy GPS aerial, but would this affect the radio too?

Sorry, forgive my ignorance, how would I measure the signal strength using vagcom?

Thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: allroad radio reception infuriatingly annoying! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Open VCDS/VAG Com > Select control module > 56/radio > measuring blocks (08) > then find the group that the aerial resides in.

Start from 000 and click the arrow one at a time, the group may show up with a description of what figures you're looking at.
    2003 A6 C5 2.5 TDI Quattro Avant (180bhp)

0 0 0