Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Goodness me!,

After reading this thread, I'm sure glad I opted for a good old fashioned Diesel.

0 0 0

2. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Unless we get rid of this communist prime minister we will all have this forced on us in the next decade or so with no choice about the matter!
    Last edited by Crasher; 25-01-2021 at 05:57 PM.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 1

3. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazerati View Post
    Goodness me!,

After reading this thread, I'm sure glad I opted for a good old fashioned Diesel.
    Why the dislike I am beginning to think Will Self was right, There’s no other explanation for Boris Johnson – he must be a Russian spy
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    I agree with most of what you say, and have signed the petition.
    But don't think this is a place for politics.

0 0 0

5. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazerati View Post
    But don't think this is a place for politics.
    Hmm, possibly. The thing is I am a staunch life long Conservative and voted for Boris willingly but this ban was not in the manifesto so it has really upset me, I feel deceived. We will need to discuss it though as it is going to become a very big part of all our lives.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Hmm, possibly. The thing is I am a staunch life long Conservative and voted for Boris willingly but this ban was not in the manifesto so it has really upset me, I feel deceived. We will need to discuss it though as it is going to become a very big part of all our lives.
    It will be good for your business, though, if a lot of people keep driving what will become older and older cars with IC engines.

Provided they don't ban the sale of fuel
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 0 0

7. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchAudi View Post
    Provided they don't ban the sale of fuel
    That is a very real danger in around 20 years time but by then I will be nearing 80 and less bovered...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Or the Power controller at £6732 (a multiply revised part due to repeated failure), the battery charger at £2836.02 (again highly unreliable) or the traction motor at £14495.76, mind you if you have the version where the traction motor cannot be bought, that means £17647.20 for a full new gearbox as there is no exchange due to the number of design revisions. Mind you, I think there will be a lot of eight year old Q7 e-trons in breakers though so plenty of used parts to kill yourself installing...
    I take your points, but there will be more of these components on the secondhand market in due course. Whilst I had the charger fail and pushed for Audi to replace it, had that failed, I could have purchased a secondhand unit for around 400 Euros from Germany or Holland.

De-energising the car is in itself not a difficult process to do, so there is no huge risk of killing yourself if you know what you are doing.
    Last edited by mikael; 30-01-2021 at 10:14 PM.

0 0 0

9. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikael View Post
    De-energising the car is in itself not a difficult process to there is no huge risk of killing yourself if you know what you are doing.
    True, but that is not taking into account how stupid many people (I feel a depressingly large proportion of the population) are and the appalling things some people will do to keep a car running. Some of the awful things I have seen over the last 40 years would have been instantly fatal on a 396v car, electrikery is very unforgiving of mistakes; as I say “you can spill a drop of petrol, but you can’t spill a little electricity”. I am mystified though why you cannot work on the embedded 240v electrics in your home kitchen or bathroom but you can do anything you like to a 396v electric car including taking all the internals and stuffing them in something else. Of course this will change once people start dying but then again should we prevent the “natural selection” process?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Interesting thread here! I am looking at changing my current C7 2015 for Q7 etron 2017. I’m in Ireland and what I find bizarre is that there is only few of them available but none of them through the main dealer approved used car. All of them are through the independent garages. Hearing about some issues, especially the charging point, makes me wonder if the independent dealer will provide the actual warranty repair for those expensive electrical items?
    I am looking forward to more feedback from the owners!

Could someone also confirm if 2017 has a native CarPlay support? If not has anyone retrofitted the CarPlay and if yes, which module did you use? I retrofitted CarPlay into my C7 RMC and works great so I am looking at the same for Q7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    current: 2019 A6 S-Line 40 TDI Avant (de-chromed)
    sold: 2015 A6 S-line Black Edition 2.0 TDI ULTRA
    MODs: CarPlay with RMC, Ambient Lighting

0 0 0

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast