Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papadelta View Post
    Hi Mikhail

I have 2018 e-tron, first registered in March 2018. Apart from a cable shorting out on the gearbox, cutting out EV mode, I have had no problems. I have most options and have only done 22,500 miles. Covid kept me at home!!

Most of my journeys are local in EV mode, which is the default. As soon as I set a destination in the satnav, it switches to hybrid mode. I am not convinced that the algorithm is that good so I generally switch to battery save mode, switching to EV mode when I get off the motorway onto local roads. I have got quite good at judging the range so that I arrive home with a fully depleted battery.

Even in battery safe mode, the car will switch to EV to use any regenerated power.

Brilliant car. Enjoy it.

Cheers
    Philip
    Thanks for your feedback Philip. Bizarrely enough, after a week of not getting the feature with the sat-nav working, it suddenly started working today after I had switched the virtual cockpit to show the sat-nav screen! I have no idea if it was coincidence or some other weird glitch/bug that had stopped it working.

I know what you mean about using battery save more on motorways and then use the EV on the slower country roads. I have also owned an A3 e-tron for 18 months and have got quite good at judging the battery in that. I have come to the conclusion that if you are going to drive further than the electric range allows, especially in winter, it is best to use the engine as soon as you can drive at decent speed. That way any residual heat can be used to heat the car, rather than letting the car use more battery power to heat the car, and then let more residual heat go to waste at the end of the journey when the car is parked.

0 0 0

2. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seph234 View Post
    I have just put a deposit down on a 67 plate Q7 E-tron with 24k miles. hopefully it will be a good one. its got a years audi warranty with it, hopefully i wont need to use it.
    I hope you enjoy the car and don't need to use the warranty. However whatever you do, don't be tempted to buy a warrantywise warranty in future. I had bought one to cover my car, but they refused to pay out for the charger problem, telling me it must have been developing slowly over time, before I had bought the vehicle. Thankfully as it happened so soon after buying the car, I was able to cancel the warranty and get my money back, which I then used for the repair.
    Last edited by mikael; 19-01-2021 at 12:25 AM.

0 0 0

3. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikael View Post
    I hope you enjoy the car and don't need to use the warranty. However whatever you do, don't be tempted to by a warrantywise warranty in future. I had bought one to cover my car, but they refused to pay out for the charger problem, telling me it must have been developing slowly over time, before I had bought the vehicle. Thankfully as it happened so soon after buying the car, I was able to cancel the warranty and get my money back, which I then used for the repair.

Thanks for letting me know, il steer well clear of them.

I don't normally buy second hand cars from dealers, Im pretty good with mechanics and have a good look over them before buying privately. But with the Hybrids im a little out of my depth so thats why i have stuck with an audi approved used car. Fingers crossed it gives me no problems. Hopefully i hear today, when i can pick it up.

0 0 0

4. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Hi All
    I started this thread originally back in 2017, so now have 85K Km ( 50K miles) on the Q7 e-tron that I got with 2k miles. One warranty issue, otherwise perfect reliability. Multitasking device, smooth, etc. An average consumption of about 60mpg the last time I checked: typically 1200-1300 Km on a 65L tank.
    The one thing I wish I had to complete the package would be the acoustic side windows that I had in previous car.
    As per others earlier posts, that way to optimise the operation is some manual intervention in the ICE-Diesel selection on longer runs. Start on electric, switch to ICE for the main part of the run on motorway and than back to ICE for the (often) urban final stretch. Obviously a car not suited to everyone, so it's a case by case selection, but for me it works perfectly.

0 1 0

5. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPlus View Post
    Hi All
    I started this thread originally back in 2017, so now have 85K Km ( 50K miles) on the Q7 e-tron that I got with 2k miles. One warranty issue, otherwise perfect reliability. Multitasking device, smooth, etc. An average consumption of about 60mpg the last time I checked: typically 1200-1300 Km on a 65L tank.
    The one thing I wish I had to complete the package would be the acoustic side windows that I had in previous car.
    As per others earlier posts, that way to optimise the operation is some manual intervention in the ICE-Diesel selection on longer runs. Start on electric, switch to ICE for the main part of the run on motorway and than back to ICE for the (often) urban final stretch. Obviously a car not suited to everyone, so it's a case by case selection, but for me it works perfectly.
    Glad you still have the car and giving you minimal problems.

I went to pick the car up today and i have rejected it.
    Due to restrictions because of the pandemic i had only had a video chat around the car and many pictures. but once i see it in the flesh i couldn't of taken it home. it had scratches up the back door as if the previous owner had let a large dog scratch to get into the boot before it was even open. and 2 large scrapes on the passenger doors where doors had been flung open on it. and a large deep scrape on the bottom skirt under the passenger door. scuff on the roof spoiler. and it had been advertised with air suspension but it didnt have it. so the search continues!!

0 0 0

6. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    As a VAG mechanic I am fascinated to know how the owners of Q7 e-tron’s will feel when the 48v Lithium Ion battery fails at a cost of £1196.44 or the 396v Lithium Ion battery fails at £13785.49, all plus fitting?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Im hoping that i do not have the car when it falls past 8 years old. the battery's are warranted for 8 years by audi.

0 0 0

8. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    8 years or 100k miles, whichever comes first. The thing is, when the Meerkat works this out, a battery electric car will be worthless when the battery is out of warranty.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

9. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    OFF:

I don't want to hurt the feelings of our fellow E-tron members, but even if their battery will be all right, their inverter could fail, and it could cost about Ł8.000 and - at least in Hungary, and as far as I know - this unit's failure is not covered by the battery warranty.

IMHO to own a brand new E-tron for up to four years, yes, that could be a real fun. To keep it up to 6-7yrs it could be risky, but that's life, we all own a prestige car and not a budget car. However if you don't let your pride go away at that age, then it could lead to a nightmare or a bankrupt.

Just for the record: it's a real hard thing to get an expensive second hand engine or gearbox unit for a regular Q7, however it's still a plausible thing. But let me think. Even if you will have luck, and you will find all the above mentioned second hand parts for an E-tron - will you pay without warranty a huge money for these items, while your car will worth not more then the parts you have just purchased?
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

10. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Or the Power controller at £6732 (a multiply revised part due to repeated failure), the battery charger at £2836.02 (again highly unreliable) or the traction motor at £14495.76, mind you if you have the version where the traction motor cannot be bought, that means £17647.20 for a full new gearbox as there is no exchange due to the number of design revisions. Mind you, I think there will be a lot of eight year old Q7 e-trons in breakers though so plenty of used parts to kill yourself installing...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast