Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Cambelt change and torsion Value..help needed?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Cambelt change and torsion Value..help needed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    intake cleaner into the EGR with the intercooler pipe removed and some gentle cleaner as done before on it. Also a little spray into direct air intake AFTER MAF with the pipe pulled so as not to get it on MAF.

I pulled MAF and it looked pretty clean as they go so I left it alone! I only use sprayed carb clean and gentle compressed air to clean them if they look nasty.

Injector cleaner just the usual Wynns stuff into the tank....a bit stronger than recommended, e.i. not a full tank of 60 litres

0 0 0

2. Re: Cambelt change and torsion Value..help needed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arman123 View Post
    yes run it with out the maf plugged in see if the smoke is still there
    Hi arman123Run today MAF unplugged.....interesting, vastly improved, infact I would say probably acceptable for a 200K car. I gave it a good thrash too. The car has lost its sparkle...a little sluggish without the MAF but othersise improved.

Gave a good hard rev on drive too and no sooty patch on ground and only a small diesel cloud....also I wouls say as expected for a diesel of 200K.

So, does this indicate a duff MAF or when the MAF actually tells the engine the correct air intake the car overfuels?

My cheap scanner does show MAF reading altering but what it should read I do not know.

0 0 0

3. Re: Cambelt change and torsion Value..help needed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Yes you have a duff maf it is overfueling you car and causing that smoke and diesel smell
    replace it with a genuine Audi unit don’t buy any other always genuine
    eye for an eye means the whole world goes blind

0 0 0

4. Re: Cambelt change and torsion Value..help needed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    The MAF deteriorates and if it's original then probably well overdue replacement, I had one fail over time at around 120k on one of my older non PD cars and I didn't realise how bad things had got until the 'unplugged' test then fitting a new one. I thought you might have drowned it in some sort of cleaning solvent by your earlier post !!

0 0 0

5. Re: Cambelt change and torsion Value..help needed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi thanks, if the MAF sorts it I will be a happy bunny...don't really want to sell it either....i love it, but my wife fancied a change after 6 years so we have her a panroof hi specced 2.0tdi quattro. I would drive this older A3 till it drops....I fit the seats (sports leather) like a glove.
    I will add update after sourcing a genuine MAF I assume can be got from GSF/Europarts etc. They usually have option of original or cheaper aftermarket.
    I did not drown the MAF...left alone, I do not like touching them unless they are obviously covered in filth and then only carefully!

0 0 0

6. Re: Cambelt change and torsion Value..help needed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Don’t get it from GSF/europarts get it from TPS or you local dealer like I said genuine with maf’s any other just don’t cut it

0 0 0

7. Re: Cambelt change and torsion Value..help needed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    thanks, have one ordered at audi......hope its the right part as it is £67 and I expected to be shocked by a huge figure!! Out of interest to the aftermarket MAF's just not function well or function ok with a poor life expectancy?

0 0 0

8. Re: Cambelt change and torsion Value..help needed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Is that the price minus the deposit for returning you old unit ? seems cheap for OEM unit
    Quote Originally Posted by petrolhead63 View Post
    thanks, have one ordered at audi......hope its the right part as it is £67 and I expected to be shocked by a huge figure!! Out of interest to the aftermarket MAF's just not function well or function ok with a poor life expectancy?

0 0 0

9. Re: Cambelt change and torsion Value..help needed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    They just don’t last as long too many problems with them loads of post on here about it

0 0 0

10. Re: Cambelt change and torsion Value..help needed? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    outright price, no exchange and have double checked with Audi it is the MAF, mass air flow, that installs in the air duct straight onto side of airbox ;0) I too thought it was significantly less than I expected and had it been as I anticipated I could have still gone pattern part for a car I intend selling when sorted! but genuine audi it will get and hopefully all will be smog free again....over a years mot, new cambelt, axle bushes etc..shame its going I should keep it longer really, my 17 year old daughter wanted it but the insurance is a joke now she has her test!

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast