Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have just had the front and rear UTR package fitted. I like it BUT

1) It produces AVI files, which my MAC laptop cant read.
    2) Whilst I can convert them, I can only see the front channel, where has the rear channel gone?
    3) Despite it linking to the app on my Samsung S8, which is clearly showing BST time, the UTR insists on GMT.
    4) I have changed the speed unit from Km to M about 10 times already, but it always reverts back to Kms no matter how often I 'apply' the change. It works for a bit then just reverts to Kms.

any other views or experiences?

JB

0 0 0

2. Re: Universal Traffic Recorder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I think that you can use VLC Media Player on MAC to play AVI Giles without converting them.

0 0 0

3. Universal Traffic Recorder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    With the Thinkware, front and rear are two separate files with similar names but with a reference to front or rear. If I put the SD in the Mac and use their app, it knows to play both at the same time in different windows in the app.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

4. Re: Universal Traffic Recorder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    1) App keeps crashing on my iphone 6S running ios11.
    2) App Support is non existent!
    3) Keep getting the "Events recorded during parking" message even when the newest recording is 5 days old
    4) I wish it was integrated into the MMI instead of having to use a separate app. Imagine if you could view the recorded events on the MMI Dash screen.

All in all, i like the dash cam & footage is decent but the user experience sucks. I'm returning it and getting a black vue.

0 0 0

5. Re: Universal Traffic Recorder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Many thanks. It works!

0 0 0

6. Re: Universal Traffic Recorder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Many thanks, that works and I can both front and rear. JB

0 0 0

7. Re: Universal Traffic Recorder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone ever solve the time and speed units issues?
    I've recently had one of these fitted to my A4 and have the same problems.
    The time issue I have managed to solve it for now by connecting to the unit with a borrowed IPhone which then set the time correctly, whereas it never took the correct time from my Samsung S7. Fine for now but I presume I'll have to borrow the IPhone again every March and October unless there is a fix.
    For the speed unit I haven't found a solution, it always switches back to kph regardless of how many times I set it to mph.
    I was planning to take it back to Derby Audi but first I'd like to understand if it could be a faulty unit or if it's the same problem for everyone?

0 0 0

8. Re: Universal Traffic Recorder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi John
    Can you tell me how you solved the problem with rear channel playback please? I can see the front channels really well using VLC but not the rear. Did you use a Thinkware viewer - if so, which one?? Cheers!

0 0 0

9. Re: Universal Traffic Recorder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Yes sure. When VLC is running, look on the horizontal menu bar at the top and click on 'Video'. On the drop down menu select 'video track' and then select 'track 2'. The rear video will then appear in another window. You may need to reduce your original viewing window from 'full screen' if necessary. When I originally posted to this forum, the two screens showed simultaneously from the outset although directly on top of one another, so you had to hide the tope on aside to reveal the other., Following an update to VLC I now have to do this procedure. Please let me know if this works or not for you. John

0 0 0

10. Re: Universal Traffic Recorder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You sir, are a star!
    I hadn't appreciated that the video file needed to be playing in VLC in order to be able to select Tracks 1 and 2 simultaneously. It's a real shame that Audi do not include a Windows/OSX player with the already costly UTR. The app (at least the Android version) leaves a lot to be desired with clunky playback and poor resolution. I have yet to find a proper Dashcam player that will play both tracks and display location info as well. Audi really should sort this out.
    Thanks very much for your help!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast