1. Re: Universal Traffic Recorder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    By the way, I also have the problem with the kmh/mph settings ....

0 0 0

2. Re: Universal Traffic Recorder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its a pleasure. Yes you are right. For a premium product form a premium manufacturer, AUDI could have done a much better job. John

(A6 Avant)

0 0 0

3. Re: Universal Traffic Recorder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just purchased an A8 that had the wiring in it for the Audi UTC, but previous owner had taken both cameras with him.
    Easy fix for me I bought the cameras new and just plugged them in. Good and working.
    Found the same problems as previous reporters but using a Samsung Note 9 on Android was coping with the shortfalls.
    Decided to use 64Gb card and the camera didn't like it. I reformatted the SD card on my PC, tried in the camera, no joy.
    Then found that my phone could not connect with the camera so put the supplied 8Gb card back in and they communicated.
    Found this Forum and read this thread. So I guess I have to format the SD card whilst it is in the camera.
    Now the real problem starts, when I have the new card in I can't connect my phone to the camera to format the card.
    And then whilst taking the 8Gb card out it flew away and became lost somewhere in the cars black hole.

So what should I have done? Should I have copied the 8Gb card to the 64Gb card before putting it in the camera?
    If that is the case I might have as well thrown over £300 quid down the drain, because the 8Gb has now escaped.
    Or am I missing something?

0 0 0

4. Re: Universal Traffic Recorder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Hi,

I had same trouble trying to use a 64Gb card , ended up using a 32Gb card without problems.
    Have to say for the ammount of mony the system cost it is RUBBISH !
    My last car had a stand alone Kehan unit and it was far superior and half the price.

0 0 0

5. Re: Universal Traffic Recorder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mazerati, I agree with you fully.
    My frustration was losing the 8Gb card.
    Had a fresh start this morning and realised that the camera was writing to the 64Gb card but only the .cfg and .bin files, as well as the two sub directories for "Driving" and "Parking". But when trying to write the .avi file it failed.
    That meant the camera seemed to be working correctly, so tried with a 2Gb card . . .perfect. So off to purchase a 32Gb card.
    Then spotted that you had entered the fray, so I'm feeling somewhat happier and slightly more positive. Just very sad that the lovely install is for an extremely expensive camera with rather limited properties.
    I have a Samsung Note 9 and the App. is downloading the files from the camera via it's wifi. The app will replay those files on the phone in the off line mode when I am away from the car, so they must be saved in the phone. BUT WHERE?
    Having to pull the card to see the files on my PC is a right retrograde pain.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12