1. Dashcam opinions? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Searched and didn't find much about these in the forum.

New car coming, thinking in the scheme of it it might be wise to get one (with the speed setting turned off). I want it hard wired in so i never need to touch it. It could pay for itself 20 times over if someone does something stupid one day.

My local company fit Blackvue DR650GW which looks very subtle.

Any experience/opinions please?

Thanks
    S6 Black Avant: Tech advanced, Matrix, Keyless entry, Sunroof, Speed limit display, Tow bar, Rear camera
    Golf GTI (for the Mrs) BMW M140i (for work and fun )

0 0 0

2. Re: Dashcam opinions? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Expensive , what resolution ?

0 0 0

3. Re: Dashcam opinions? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Its about £300 fitted front only, 500 for front and rear. including still working when parked option.
    I realise you can buy cheap ones too.
    1980x1080p at front, 720rear.
    S6 Black Avant: Tech advanced, Matrix, Keyless entry, Sunroof, Speed limit display, Tow bar, Rear camera
    Golf GTI (for the Mrs) BMW M140i (for work and fun )

0 0 0

4. Re: Dashcam opinions? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Just got the wife a viofo a118 I think it was. Pretty discrete and good quality footage. Was about £50 from Amazon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Dashcam opinions? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    I've not long had the Thinkware F770 in my A7 (front and rear). Ordered from RAC and fitted by Cameleon Codewing. Fantastic. There is a new F800 and F800 pro available now.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

6. Re: Dashcam opinions? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Viofo A119 and others that are cheap , excellent , capacitor and most importantly 1440P , why people pay strong money for bog standard 1080P is beyond me .

0 1 0

7. Re: Dashcam opinions? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I have the DDPai M6 Plus and it’s very good. Great resolution and you can remove the camera element vis a magnetic mount. No screen though, so it pairs via an app on your smart phone. Mini0801 camera in the rear.

FL A6 S Line Ultra Avant in Glacier White - 19" 10-spoke wheels - Tech Pack - Ambient Lighting - Memory Seats - Electric Boot - Bose

0 1 0

8. Re: Dashcam opinions? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I have a DOD LS460W.
    1080p @30fps although I have mine set at 720p@60fps.
    Built in GPS and good quality.
    Cost around £130.
    Also has parking monitor if you wire it to permanent feed but I have mine hardwired to a switched feed....I'm paranoid it would kill my battery.
    A6 C7 Saloon 3.0Tdi Quattro S Line | 242bhp | Quartz Grey
    2016 Triumph Street Triple | 106bhp | Pearl White
    VCDS owner - Lanarkshire Area. PM Me if you need help.

0 0 0

9. Re: Dashcam opinions? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I'll vote for Thinkware too.
    Got the 750 in the a3 and 770 in the A7 having had Blackvue cameas from the 300 onwards right up until the 550 or whatever that range was.

Thinkware also has parking mode + a clever timelapse feature essentially meaning more footage for less space albeit with the sacrifice of sound however if it picks up something like movement etc, it flips into normal recording mode.
    Also has some more gimmicky features like lane & braking but also a fairly good speed camera database that helps a lot.
    I say gimmicky for the first two - I'm sure its pretty good but with our chunky mirrors, the ideal middle spot can't be done unless its under the mirror which means if you put it off-centre, the alignment throws it off and the lane detect constantly goes off.
    It's got it's flaws - the speed cam db isnt updated as often as you would like, where its mobile speed camera reports, it goes on non stop until you're out of the area (but keeps you alert!) and it's memory card support is iffy...but then so was BV.

BV on the other hand caught my first crash for cash scam where I almost became a victim and also caught the gang who did it. But BV support is 0 to the point the 400 I used to have and died was blamed on the UK sun being too hot....really?

I know BV have made some good advances especially the cloud based hosting which thinkware lack - hopefully they will catch up.

All in all, if you get one thats costing you 300 odd quid, get it from a supplier that is authorised. Forget eBay and even Amazon as a lot of theirs are grey imports - something BV will also not support for.
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

10. Re: Dashcam opinions? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a dashcam fitted, don't know what make it is but it cost me about £100 and plugs in to the lighter socket. All I would say is get one. Mine has paid for itself already following a collision in June with two trucks that nearly killed my wife and I, and wrote off my previous car. With the footage available the other parties insurance accepted full liability immediately, I didn't even have to pay my own excess. The claim is still ongoing, but I'm sure that without the dashcam images things would not be as straightforward as they are.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast