3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Hi
    i have never used winter tyres only thought about them

if the temp is 0 Deg and snow they say the winter tyres are really good

and seen a guy using winter tyres on a 4x4 on an indoor ski slope and was shocked to watch it get to the top

then they switch to normal tyres still using 4 wheel drive and only got up the slope a few feet

even a 2 wheel drive with winter tyres done better than the 4x4 drive on normal tyres

trouble is with the last 2 years winter the temps was often above 7deg

the winter tyres work best at below 7deg trouble is you can predict the temps and can’t keep changing

if we do have a harsh cold winter I’m sure the winter tyres work great but the uk weather is often borderline on needing them

oversea in colder countries there law to have winter tyres for winter

so all I can say the choice is yours and if the temps are below 7deg or snow or both they do work
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

2. Re: I have a Q7 on order: tyres and service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    thanks again Max. Yes, I am aware of the performance of the winter wheels in temperatures closer to 0 degrees. Yes, UK weather is unpredictable but considering the weight and torque of the Q7 I think it could be worth while getting the winter ones. Is certainly something I am considering, particularly if I get the car on time I am going to the Alps in it. By the way, should I expect issues with a brand new car being taken for a 3000 mile trip in the mountains? I am a bit nervous about it hahaha.

0 0 0

3. Re: I have a Q7 on order: tyres and service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I am used to have Continental as a tyre brand. I am happy with them but never had an SUV before. Are Continental tyres a good fit for the Q7? Thanks

0 0 0

4. Re: I have a Q7 on order: tyres and service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    As for the winters I guess it depends on where you live, any hills etc and whether you need to drive when conditions deteriorate. Last winter we had virtually no snow or ice and so winters weren't really needed. A couple of years ago I got in trouble with the relatively light snow we had for a couple of weeks. Was driving an X5 without winters and it was a nightmare! Bought winters after that experience and was astonished at the difference they made. Below 7c they come into their own and make a big difference with the extra grip. When there was snow it was like driving a different car compared to summer shod wheels. So now I swap the summer wheels in November and put them back on around April time. Audi store the wheels in their tyre hotel and do the swap. I cut a deal with the salesmen when buying the car so got got a significant discount off the original audi winter wheels. Also figured that it reduces the rate wear on the summer tyres as they will be used half the amount and almost doubles the life span. Gives the security and confidence i was looking for but each to their own!!

0 1 0

5. Re: I have a Q7 on order: tyres and service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milanmario View Post
    thanks again Max. Yes, I am aware of the performance of the winter wheels in temperatures closer to 0 degrees. Yes, UK weather is unpredictable but considering the weight and torque of the Q7 I think it could be worth while getting the winter ones. Is certainly something I am considering, particularly if I get the car on time I am going to the Alps in it. By the way, should I expect issues with a brand new car being taken for a 3000 mile trip in the mountains? I am a bit nervous about it hahaha.
    I wouldn’t think you have anything to worry about as it’s a new car
    i had the odd teething prob but mainly computer mmi related the car didn’t let me down so your be fine

sounds like others have backed up what I said about winter tyres so just down to make and personal choice

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12