Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,
    I have a 55 Plate A6 Avant with the 2G MMI High. Just purchased it and love it. It diod not have factory phone prep so had the FISCON OEM unit fitted by Car Communications fitted and works perfectly with the Bluetooth connection from my IPhone. I currently have the software version C6-HU 6350 12.0.0 0513 which is quite outdated. Have spoken to the nice folks at Audi updates and been advised to get the three discs. Disc one 5150, Disc 2 Bluetooth and Disc 3 5570. I just want to check that if I run the Bluetooth upgrade it will not screw up the FISCON unit? Or should I play safe and only do disc 1 & 3? Advice gratefully received :-)

0 0 0

2. Re: MMI 3 Disc Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    If you haven't got an Audi Bluetooth phone ECU installed, you don't need to run CD2. It only provides updates for the Audi HandyVorb2 and BTA ECUs to 1130/1120 respectively.

Just run CD 1 to go to 5150 and then CD3 to go to 5570.

Julian
    Last edited by JulianHicks; 24-03-2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Clarify Bluetooth is phone

0 0 0

3. Re: MMI 3 Disc Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    I hate to ask, I need a little help understanding this better before I commit.

My version says SW: C6-HU 6350 05.0.0 0413 which suggest I think anyway I am using a very old FW.
    I have downloaded from Audi Resource all available updates, as follows. To update my system to the most current, which of the below disks do I need to run in which order. I have read so many posts where some say I need to first update to 2120 before going further, others say start with disk 1 of the 5570, so to ensure I dont screw anything up, can anyone advise.

Also, I understand there will be an issue with the instrument cluster, but I have no actual fact detail on what the issue will be, and if by instrument cluster they mean the small display between dash dials, and if they do does it mean it wont display anything at all or that some items wont display.

Sorry I am a technical person (IT/IP/Web so see these things as logical, but so much different information makes it hard to plan.

So in a points style.

1. Which disks in which order based on above FW verison
    2. What issues should I expect to encounter during and after.
    3. Typical/only way to fix.

mmi firmware 1110 - 4E0906961H
    audi A6 A8 Q7 MMI update 2120
    Audi A6 A8 Q7 MMI Update 3460
    Audi A6 A8 Q7 MMI Update 4220
    Audi A6 A8 Q7 MMI Update 5150
    Audi MMI 5570 3CD Set 4L0-998-961 Part 1
    Audi MMI 5570 3CD Set 4L0-998-961 Part 2
    Audi MMI 5570 3CD Set 4L0-998-961 Part 3

0 0 0

4. Re: MMI 3 Disc Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Your version "C6-HU 6350 05.0.0 0413" indicates the following:
    C6-HU : You have an A6 HeadUnit [which is the ECU that runs the MMI software] aka Control Head or Interfacebox
    6350 : You have a HeadUnit without a video input [that is, you don't have a TV or Reversing Camera]
    05.0.0 : MMI version is 0500
    0413 : MMI software is dated 2004 Week 13

MMI update CDs contain two types of software:
    a) The updated version of the MMI that runs in the HeadUnit
    b) The latest firmware versions for ALL of the different types of MMI devices - amp, radio, CD, phone, etc.

The MMI 5570 3CD set is actually:
    CD 1 : MMI version 5150 [slightly later version than the 'Update 5150' CD that you list. MMI is the same but slightly later versions of device firmware]
    CD 2 : Bluetooth phone firmware updates
    CD 3 : MMI version 5570 [Year 2008 Week 35]

MMI update CDs contain ALL of the previous updates so in theory you can go from 0500 to 5570 in one go. My A8 was at 0890 but I went to 5150 first and then 5570 only because I wasn't sure at the time [late 2009].

However, I've heard that 0500 won't go direct and that it's suggested you go to 1110 first and then go to 5150 and then 5570.
    CORRECTION - 9 April. Apparently 0500 WILL go directly to 5150. Levels before 0500 need an intermediate step [but those old MMI levels are probably not seen on an A6].

The display 'between the dials' is known as the DIS but this isn't the issue and neither is the cluster itself. Audi either accidently or intentionally disabled two of the MMI screens - MMI Battery Level and MMI Cluster Speed Warning. These can be re-enabled if you have access to VCDS or your 'Hidden Green Screen' is enabled. But neither of these screen losses is really an issue as I'd suggest most people don't use them.

Julian
    Last edited by JulianHicks; 09-04-2018 at 03:48 PM.

0 0 0

5. Re: MMI 3 Disc Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    BTW, it would be interesting to see what MMI devices you have.

You can find out by running the 'Red screen' as per the attached instructions.

Julian

PS Just noticed you're in Maidstone; I'm in Ashford.
    Attached Files

0 0 0

6. Re: MMI 3 Disc Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    That is the sort of detail I am looking for, many thanks, and yes, it does clarify one thing, I will go through the 1110 first, then as you said, the 5150 and finally 5570 in that order and no I dont think I have any need for the battery thing, the speed warning was good while I was driving through France, those darned French police, so I used it then, but can live without it.

This is great I can have a go tomorrow, and hopefully not blow up the car (only had it 2 weeks)

Next on the agenda or at some stage down the line is to get the chain tensioner replaced, have a slight chain issue when I start the car but nothing I think during.

Thanks fo the help and info all., an yes am in Maidstone, Dont go south of Maidstone often but if I feel the need to get the VCDS stuff done Ill do it. I have a bluetooth dongle that lets me get some info, including errors, but other than that no other means of communicating. Love the car (little more thiirsty than the volvo is in towns)

0 0 0

7. Re: MMI 3 Disc Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Well, I have the 4E0 906 961 H nrg file, and the others, but my stupid cd writer wont burn them, I think I need to try different disks, so Ill have to put this off for another time, maybe try burning them at the office next week.

0 0 0

8. Re: MMI 3 Disc Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Buy the Genuine disc's from audi only around £3 each

maybe there are members on here that can let you have their disc's for few beer tokens.

A free downloaded copy, if corupted could damage your MMI unit then its Hundreds if you have to replace it.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

9. Re: MMI 3 Disc Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    I would be happy to supply tokens for beer, gin whatever. I did ask Audi, and the checky sods, told me it would take them around 3 hours to update the MMI, and they charge £175 + VAT per hour. That is a truly disgusting fee. Probably explains the nice spanking new showroom they have in Maidstone though :-)

0 0 0

10. Re: MMI 3 Disc Update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spottedhaggis View Post
    I would be happy to supply tokens for beer, gin whatever. I did ask Audi, and the checky sods, told me it would take them around 3 hours to update the MMI, and they charge £175 + VAT per hour. That is a truly disgusting fee. Probably explains the nice spanking new showroom they have in Maidstone though :-)
    That's cheap I've had some quote more but ignore what they say and try a different audi dealer and tell them you will do the update yourself they will tell you it needs to be plugged in this is a lie it can be done on the red menu but humor them and tell them you have VCDS keep trying dealers till you get one willing to sell you it with you quoting the part number (I will confirm you have the right one later tonight when I'm home) if the dealers is not local you can pay postage on top to get it sent to you the set of discs are 7 quid for postage would make a total of 10 quid yeah don't burn them off it isn't worth it and there's to much at stake

0 0 0

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast