Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys

I have abit of a strange issue, i was hoping someone might be able to clarify.

I have an Audi A7 and according to myaudi.com it has an S-Tronic Gearbox (had to enter vin number to confirm car)

also if i put the reg into autotrader it says its a S-tronic.

But i just had it in a Audi approved garage and questioned why they didnt fit a oil filter when they changed the gearbox oil and they told me its a Multitronic gearbox thats in it.

he went and checked using the codes from the service book and confirmed it is showing as multitronic not s-tronic.

Any ideas why this would be the case?

0 0 0

2. Re: could really do with some advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    What engine and power output do you have in your A7? Also is it Quattro or FWD?

If its the 204ps and FWD then chances are its the Multitronic. If its like my A6 you will have the gear paddles behind the steering wheel and it will simulate 8 gears when in sport or manual but will be seamless when in auto with no visible gear changes.

Both types of gearbox appear to be as reliable as the other reading through the forums, the main problem seams to be people not getting them serviced
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

3. Re: could really do with some advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevTrem View Post
    What engine and power output do you have in your A7? Also is it Quattro or FWD?

If its the 204ps and FWD then chances are its the Multitronic. If its like my A6 you will have the gear paddles behind the steering wheel and it will simulate 8 gears when in sport or manual but will be seamless when in auto with no visible gear changes.

Both types of gearbox appear to be as reliable as the other reading through the forums, the main problem seams to be people not getting them serviced
    its 240ps quattro

its going in to audi on thursday to confirm.

bit of a mind bender

0 0 0

4. Re: could really do with some advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    If its Quattro then don't believe it will be multitronic. Think the multi was only for FWD and the 204ps engine and was dropped around 2014/2015
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

5. Re: could really do with some advice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevTrem View Post
    If its Quattro then don't believe it will be multitronic. Think the multi was only for FWD and the 204ps engine and was dropped around 2014/2015
    yep thats what i told them but they were adamant.

we will get to the bottom of it on Thursday when its in with audi

0 0 0