Hi all , newish to the forum despite the fact I've owned many Vw's for years, Beetles, Mk 1 Golf, K70 (remember them?) mk 3 and mk 4 golfs. Just sold the wifes Vw Up. Cracking little car but now we've got 3 grandchildren it was just too small. So we're considering a mk 7 Golf but i'm really confused about the various engines. I'm not too bothered about the age of the car but usually go for quite low mileage examples. There are loads of 1.6 tdi Golfs about but being as it will be mainly used for short journeys it seems from what I've read on t'internet it would have egr / dpf problems. Would say a weekly fast run down the motorway avoid these problems or should they be avoided? Alternatively there is the 1.2tsi petrol but here is where i'm confused. I'm thinking there are 2 different tsi's the early ones being chain cam which gave problems with the chains and a later one, the EA211? which was belt cam and introduced circa 2013. There seems to be few problems with this engine and it is just a larger version of the 'Up' engine. Thanks for any useful information.