Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi everyone on here,

Hoping to pick up my Q7 just before Christmas.

Quick question re tyres and services:

Tyres - I kept the standard 20 inch alloys as i am interested in comfort hence I have upgraded to air suspension. Are the tyres run flat? Been reading and watching videos who mention run flats also hence i am confused. I want to stay away from them.

Services - i am told different things i.e. some say i should have the car serviced every 2 years or 20k and others every year or 10k. Keen to know what you guys do.

Thanks,
    Mario

0 0 0

2. Re: I have a Q7 on order: tyres and service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    For the pocket and if you're not keeping it that long , the variable LongLife servicing .

For mechanical sympathy of a more superior but snake oil trying to fend off abrasive soot loading , fuel , water and not sludge up for an extreme period of time choose fixed annual / 10k .

0 0 0

3. Re: I have a Q7 on order: tyres and service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    thanks. Any advice on tyres? are the standard 20'' run flat or all weather? thanks

0 0 0

4. Re: I have a Q7 on order: tyres and service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Hi and congrats on new car order
    will be a nice xmas pressie

never seen or heard of run flats come with new Q7 so you should just get the stranded uk spec tyre

same as winter tyres you will just get the std tyres

as far as I know winter tyres are only fitted in some countries due to law

ive had 21” and 22” tyres on my Q7 both with Air suspension and both are so smooth

tbh if I had tried 20” I really don’t think I’d notice any difference

so don’t just stick with 20” if it’s just comfort you want go with what you like and like the look of

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

5. Re: I have a Q7 on order: tyres and service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Max,

Thanks for your reply. Really love your blue sepang and I am gutted I could not have that on mine as it's not available anymore so went for grey Daytona instead. I currently have an A7 on sepang blue and 21'' and I don't like the ride.

So the tyres supplied by the factory should be fine for the Winter? I am planning a trip in the Alps around Christmas so I hope it goes well.

Thanks,
    M

0 0 0

6. Re: I have a Q7 on order: tyres and service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Really?
    dont they do Seapang now? Wow

you still made a good choice I like the Daytona with smoked rear lights or even black pack

if your going to the Alps it buy winter Tyres

am pretty sure your Audi will have the normal std tyres ie summer tyres

as for 21” with air ride you really won’t noticed between 20” and 21” so the air ride is so smooth

even mine on air ride 22” wheels and active anti roll sports surspension is still not a hard ride and smooth

me MY16 Q7 S-Line on 21” rims was such a smooth ride

see if you can take a Q7 on 21” rims and air ride at a dealership

I’m sure loads will back me up on air ride and 21” is silky smooth

if you like the 20” rims anyway it’s not a prob

what some people have done is got a set 21” or 22” with the car

then brought a set of 20” rims off eBay with winter tyres and use between end Oct to early March

Ive thought about it also

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

7. Re: I have a Q7 on order: tyres and service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    I too can’t believe they removed sepang! Really lucky I got mine in time. My car is on 21” and air suspension and it’s amazing how comfortable it is while still providing stability through corners and bends (I expected more roll).

When end I test drove a Q7, it was on 20” and standard springs. It was also comfortable but I found it rolled more when turning and braking. I actually wished I had the 22” as Max has.

0 1 0

8. Re: I have a Q7 on order: tyres and service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    thanks again Max. Any chance you could advise me on how and what to get re winter tyres on ebay? much appreciated. Waiting for the production week confirmation from Audi but I hope I will get it before Christmas so would be good to get the winter tyres for then.

0 1 0

9. Re: I have a Q7 on order: tyres and service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Hi
    The type and size of wheel will depend on you and what wheels your getting with the car
    but go with wheel you really like

then in the colder months with winter tyres it won’t hurt so much if you slip and damage a rim
    as for choice I’ll post a link below so fill ya boots the choice is down to you

audi q7 4m winter tyres | eBay

Good year
    Michelin
    Continental
    Prielli

are all good tyres but down to you

hope this helps?

M

0 0 0

10. Re: I have a Q7 on order: tyres and service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    thanks dude, much appreciated. I like the 20'' standard look so I am happy to stick to those as I've used the money for other extras which were more important to me, such as air suspension and matrix leds.

Max, is it a must the winter tyres? the standard ones have they not got a good enough grip? yes I appreciate the cold weather changes the properties in tyres but with my a7 never had to use winter tyres.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast