Notices

User Tag List

Thread: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleohab View Post
    Hi thank you for your reply i commented as i read all i could last night, upon continuing reading this morning I found the answer to be the 5150 disc which is in the set of 3 discs to upgrade to 5570 i will order the update discs and see what happens from there and post my results though I'm not sure how noticeable it would be to me as it's a slow drain...... Battery is good for a year near enough, though I do have a slow start maybe caused by this? Well either way I will get out the voltmeter and keep a check on it

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nard666 View Post
    Hi I'm having battery drain issues too and I'm also on software version 4220 i think i read somewhere that I would need to update to a software version in-between 4220 and 5570 is this right? If so i need to find out which one
    Thanks
    Hello Nard

You need to order Part No: 4L0 998 961

It's a 3 CD pack, and start with Disc 1, and go through all three. I didn't get any use out of Disc 2 personally (no Bluetooth), but you need to use all three to get the full upgrade. It's made no difference whatsoever to my "drain to flat in just over 2 days" issue!

There's also an Audi A6 upgrade website, where you can download them for free, but I didn't try that myself...

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B5NUT View Post
    CD1 - 5150
    CD2 - Bluetooth module only could be skipped if you don't have BT
    CD3 - 5570 Final 2G MMI version
    Hi mate i would like to update my software to 5570 I've seen discs on eBay that say a4 /A5 are these discs on eBay software specifically for an a4 /A5, will it work on an a6 or is 5570 only for a6 anyway sorry i don't have much understanding of this sort of thing and the nearest audi branch is not very helpful at all as they have told me they won't sell the disc they will only sell the update via the workshop

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjsdavis View Post
    Hello Nard

You need to order Part No: 4L0 998 961

It's a 3 CD pack, and start with Disc 1, and go through all three. I didn't get any use out of Disc 2 personally (no Bluetooth), but you need to use all three to get the full upgrade. It's made no difference whatsoever to my "drain to flat in just over 2 days" issue!

There's also an Audi A6 upgrade website, where you can download them for free, but I didn't try that myself...
    Sorry mate for some reason I didn't get a notification of your reply, thank you, i do have Bluetooth, my powerdrain issue is slightly different to yours as my batteries last a year at a time or near enough and was thinking of trial by error before looking into other causes the website is a useful idea i may need to search for it as the audi dealers near me won't sell me the update though i will take note of the part number just in case thanks for your help and I hope you get your car sorted soon, please keep us updated as it would be nice to know the cause of your problems

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Hi mate i would like to update my software to 5570 I've seen discs on eBay that say a4 /A5 are these discs on eBay software specifically for an a4 /A5, will it work on an a6 or is 5570 only for a6 anyway sorry i don't have much understanding of this sort of thing and the nearest audi branch is not very helpful at all as they have told me they won't sell the disc they will only sell the update via the workshop
    The CD pack is part number: 4L0 998 961. On the Audi label, on the CD packaging, it is just described as a "repair kit". Simply wonder into your nearest main dealer and order that specific part number, and they'll order it for you - they cannot insist that it is installed by them - that's total ********. This is a specific software upgrade for the 2G MMI system only. I wouldn't be buying software kits for A4 and A5's, as it may not be the same software. For an MMI software update, I would only buy genuine!

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Sorry mate for some reason I didn't get a notification of your reply, thank you, i do have Bluetooth, my powerdrain issue is slightly different to yours as my batteries last a year at a time or near enough and was thinking of trial by error before looking into other causes the website is a useful idea i may need to search for it as the audi dealers near me won't sell me the update though i will take note of the part number just in case thanks for your help and I hope you get your car sorted soon, please keep us updated as it would be nice to know the cause of your problems
    Worst case scenario - I'll just sell you mine if you like. It's genuine Audi. I can't imagine I'm going to need it again now that the update is complete.

In terms of my power drain, I'm guessing that I have a short somewhere in an electrical item, that probably still works (but may not), but is causing a power drain all of the same. This is most likely going to be a total bugger to track down!

I do have two potential candidates, that I have been thinking about though:

1 - When I removed the tailgate plastics, I noticed that one of the two small tailgate lights was very badly corroded indeed. It still just about works, and I've stuck a child in the boot to confirm that it does turn off when the tailgate is closed (ahem), but even so, was wondering if this could be a candidate for a short?

2 - The main cigaretter lighter beside the the cup-holder, just in front of the MMI control panel, is dead. It was dead when I bought the car, and I've just managed to acquire a replacement, but haven't got around to fitting it yet, as it's a bit of an ****-ache to strip out the centre console parts to get the old one out. I was wondering if this also could be a likely candidate for continuing to take a draw from the battery?

These are the only two known "dead" or dodgy electrical items in the car atm. I guess it could equally be something else, like a bulb, that still works but is shorting...

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply Niall. I've been holding off replying, as I appear to be witnessing a miracle....

First keystart, I had the Oil Level/Temp sensor ping off again. Bummer I thought... I had a short journey with a stop. Second keystart it disappeared and there were no warning lights on the dash at all. This was strange.

I also noticed that the air-con was working, as I left it on a low temp setting and I was getting cold! I turned it down to LO and it was like a little icebox! W T F is going on here then?
    It's so weird, I cannot explain it, but the oil temp/level sensor continues to work, as does the compressor. I've had no repeats of the oil temp/level warning on the dash, and the air-con continues to be icy cold.

I know I should just be grateful that I have a self-healing car, but this is hurting my small brain. How can this be????

I still have the battery drain issue, which seems to be the last issue for me to solve now, but I just don't understand. It's not logical. It makes no sense to me at all...

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Worst case scenario - I'll just sell you mine if you like. It's genuine Audi. I can't imagine I'm going to need it again now that the update is complete.

In terms of my power drain, I'm guessing that I have a short somewhere in an electrical item, that probably still works (but may not), but is causing a power drain all of the same. This is most likely going to be a total bugger to track down!

I do have two potential candidates, that I have been thinking about though:

1 - When I removed the tailgate plastics, I noticed that one of the two small tailgate lights was very badly corroded indeed. It still just about works, and I've stuck a child in the boot to confirm that it does turn off when the tailgate is closed (ahem), but even so, was wondering if this could be a candidate for a short?

2 - The main cigaretter lighter beside the the cup-holder, just in front of the MMI control panel, is dead. It was dead when I bought the car, and I've just managed to acquire a replacement, but haven't got around to fitting it yet, as it's a bit of an ****-ache to strip out the centre console parts to get the old one out. I was wondering if this also could be a likely candidate for continuing to take a draw from the battery?

These are the only two known "dead" or dodgy electrical items in the car atm. I guess it could equally be something else, like a bulb, that still works but is shorting...

My TWO, yes there are TWO fuses, one for front & one for rear cigarette lighters in the boot . Anyway both mine went in my A6 and also my skoda and Polo have also blown.

Now I an off the opinion that there were problems with the A6 when our model first came out of the fuses being crap for the cigar lighter, more than likely a bad batch of Fuses or the Fuse is too sensitive

So check the Fuse in the boot first.

Secondly, change the light in the tailgate and clean the connection on it thoroughly before fitting new connection

Electrics can and do go haywire with incorrect car bulbs, dodgy earths and bad connections.
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    The oil level can be affected by leaving the car on a slope, maybe forward facing down hill for a change rather up hill

maybe the oil needs changed etc etc

You could try an oil flush next time, or every 10,000 mile change instead of long life 20,000 mile change

Just monitor it or change the sensor ........................ I would wait till after next oil change, cheapest option
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niall campbell View Post
    My TWO, yes there are TWO fuses, one for front & one for rear cigarette lighters in the boot . Anyway both mine went in my A6 and also my skoda and Polo have also blown.
    I didn't pay it too much attention to it to be honest, as the second of the internal cigarette lighters works fine (the one on the back of the centre console that is designed to be used by the rear passengers). I had rather assumed that they both probably ran off the same fuse. Do you happen to know which fuse it is in the boot that needs checking for the front (driver) cigarette lighter?

Will change the tailgate light. Just trying to source one now. I do hear what you are saying about crappy contacts and such like. In the meantime, I think I'll remove the dodgy internal light and see if this makes a difference to the drain issues.. you never know I guess!

0 0 0

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast