Notices

User Tag List

Thread: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Dying batteries - or batteries in a low state of charge - cause all sorts of electrical weirdness. The fact your car starts is not an indication that your battery is fully charged. Charge the battery, clear the codes and see if they return.

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Hello Inspectorman

Ok, I completed the installation of the MMI software from CD1 last night, following the instructions in the technical bulletin. It all seemed to complete ok, where 3 updates were reported as completing successfully, and I had 0 NOK as at the results screen. Completed the restart of the MMI.

However, how do you install/update the software from CD2 or 3? After the MMI reboot, I ejected CD1 and inserted CD2 and tried to follow the exact same procedure as I had with CD1. However, when you scroll down to select "download update" with CD2 in the drive, it comes back with a message along the lines of "no components selected to update" or something very similar.. Do you have to go through each module and manually select it to update it or something? The technical bulletin doesn't talk about CD2 or CD3 at all! Plus, the actual MMI update sequence doesn't request CD2 or CD3 to be inserted at all after it finishes with CD1.

Can't seem to work out what to do next to complete the full update....

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    My understanding is that CD2 and 3 relate to modules that may or may not be fitted - bluetooth, for example. So if you try to select a module and it doesn't allow you to, it is telling you there is no destination for that package to be loaded up to.

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I'm actually not sure here to be honest... I kind of thought that CD2 and CD3 would be largely automatic like CD1 was.

I'm not sure, for example, if it's giving me the message that it cannot find the relevant module, that I should be going into each one, and then clicking the checkbox below "bootstrapper" option (which I know I shouldn't select from reading something on another forum that selecting bootstrapper on anything stops it from loading properly!) on the next screen to manually select it? I was just trying to work out if whether it doesn't want to do anything automatically, that means that my car doesn't have the relevant modules fitted/activated, or if it meant that it just became a manual selection process unlike CD1?

It's tricky, as I don't know what modules CD2 is designed to actually update! Same for CD3..? I suppose it could just be that I only need to run CD1? Just wasn't sure...

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I think cd2 is just bluetooth and cd3 is the nav software. If you don't have bluetooth then ignore cd2. Nav changes on cd3 are pretty minimal.

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    CD1 - 5150
    CD2 - Bluetooth module only could be skipped if you don't have BT
    CD3 - 5570 Final 2G MMI version

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    You have beaten me to it and are quite right. Thanks B5NUT. I was about to upload this same data after I completed the update process.

Still too early to tell if this has made a difference to the battery drain issue. Software fully updated. Battery full. Codes cleared. Going to drive and see what happens...

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    with your engine running for 20 minutes, pop the bonnet and feel the positive jump start terminal. WARNING This may be very hot

My jump start terminal was causing a resistance and almost set the car on fire. It was stopping 2.5 volts getting to the battery from the alternator & vice versa in not giving enough juice to the starter

Just sounded like a flat battery in the morning ..........................

I had replaced my battery as thought at 10 year old it was goosed
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niall campbell View Post
    with your engine running for 20 minutes, pop the bonnet and feel the positive jump start terminal. WARNING This may be very hot

My jump start terminal was causing a resistance and almost set the car on fire. It was stopping 2.5 volts getting to the battery from the alternator & vice versa in not giving enough juice to the starter
    How did you fix that issue?

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 (2007) - Annoying Electrical Issues - all connected? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    I cut the thing off and put a straight connection on it

if its not warm , then it is working ok
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0