Having just replaced the drivers side window regulator on a 2008 A3 Cabriolet, ensured that the glass is lined up, window switches reset after disconnecting the battery, I have the following problem:

The window auto drops 10mm when unlocked as it should, it also auto drops when the car door is shut and the door is open again. The door hindge has 3 notches or settings to stop it swinging open, if I open the door to the 1st notch and shut it, everything works as it should, if I open the door to the 2nd notch then the window drops down apprx 20mm. If I then shut the door, the window stays dropped down. I then close the window with the switch, open the door and the auto drop function works, but the auto up function then does not work. This then requires the 10sec switch reset.

I have reset the windows - down for 10sec, up for 10secs, the auto drop and raise then works, opn the door to the second notch and the window drops 20mm again. I close the door to the 1st notch and open back to the 2nd notch, it drops another 20mm. By swinging the door between the 2nd and 1st notch I can lower the window completely.

As stated, I've disconnected the battery, reconnected it, run the engine (driven a few feet to reset the ESP light) then reset all four windows with 10sec down and 10secs up with each switch, to no avail.

Any ideas would be gratefully received please.

Cheers,

Steve