1. AUX Adaptor Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First of all, apologies if this is the wrong forum or if this question has been asked and answered before.

I have recently fitted an AUX adapter to the back of the radio in my 05 Golf. Having watched several YouTube videos about how to fit these cables and get them working, I was under the impression that once I'd fitted the cable I could play my mp3 device by pressing CD on the radio and it would start playing, simple as that. But unfortunately I get an onscreen message saying there is no CD and it kicks me back to the FM/AM radio channels. I assume there is something more I should be doing other than simply fitting the cable? Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Andrew

0 0 0

2. Re: AUX Adaptor Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Where did you plug the kit into? When I put mine in, it went into the input for the CD changer and I had to press the CD button twice on the unit to cycle to the CD changer option rather than the CD slot on the front

0 0 0

3. Re: AUX Adaptor Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I plugged the cable into the input for CD player. I have tried pressing the CD button twice and holding it down etc but no joy. Is there a different input for the CD player and CD changer?

0 0 0

4. Re: AUX Adaptor Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what model is your head unit? bit confused why you have an input for a CD player? That's built in the unit isn't it? Can you link the kit you used?

0 0 0

5. Re: AUX Adaptor Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure where I would find the model number of the head unit?

Apologies, I've maybe not got the jargon right. I read on another forum that if I unplugged the cable for the function which plays CD's, I could put my aux cable in there and play my mp3 player through the CD menu.

I bought this cable:

AUX CABLE For RCD510 RCD310 RCD300 VW GOLF MK6 Bora SagitarTiguan | eBay.

0 0 0

6. Re: AUX Adaptor Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry, i'm still not quite sure what cable you have unplugged! does the radio etc still work?! looking at what you've bought (the link didn't work but I found similar on eBay, I don't think that will work with the MK5 unit, assuming you have the RCD 300 (google images to confirm)

I used this unit for years with no problems, it is not only the cable but also a box which emulates the CD changer so the head unit thinks one is plugged in - that's probably what you need!

VW AUX input adaptor interface Golf Mk5 jack RCD300 RCD500 CTVVGX004 Volkswagen | eBay

0 0 0

7. Re: AUX Adaptor Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry, i'm still not quite sure what cable you have unplugged! does the radio etc still work?! looking at what you've bought (the link didn't work but I found similar on eBay, I don't think that will work with the MK5 unit, assuming you have the RCD 300 (google images to confirm)

I used this unit for years with no problems, it is not only the cable but also a box which emulates the CD changer so the head unit thinks one is plugged in - that's probably what you need!

VW AUX input adaptor interface Golf Mk5 jack RCD300 RCD500 CTVVGX004 Volkswagen | eBay

0 0 0

8. Re: AUX Adaptor Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok will give it a go. Many thanks for your help.

0 0 0

9. Re: AUX Adaptor Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no problem! let me know how it goes. from what you've described and assuming you have the RCD 300, I'm pretty certain that will work - I think what you have is for the newer units in the Mk6 Golfs

0 0 0