1. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Have I purchased your father's car? 😁 ... Thanks for all your help and advice, it's in the garage now, I've sent them all the info from here and hopefully they'll sort this, and the smokiness/lumpy idle too.

I noticed after I got it back from them last time that the radiator fan seemed to always be running flat out, heard it winding down every time I shut off the engine. Wasn't doing it before it went into the garage!?? One thing at a time though. I'll report back and let you know how I get on.

0 1 0

2. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Lol , his was BKP .

Have you a dpf ?

0 1 0

3. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    There's a note on a previous service invoice that says "No CAT/DPF" so I presume not?

0 1 0

4. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quick update.. In an unexpected turn of events, the garage are booking my car into a local Audi main dealer (Marshall Audi Plymouth) to troubleshoot these problems, give the vehicle a general health check and advise what needs to be done to get it fixed. Fingers crossed...

On a side note, I've never experienced a garage/car sales place so committed to getting problems fixed under warranty. There's been no quibbles and no questions asked!

Hopefully theyll be able to get it sorted soon. Will update when I have more info.

0 1 0

5. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Interesting , commitment is a consumer obligation , but as Audi deny the engineering issue that could be awkward in resolving as their own replacement parts / module are inferior.

The other interesting part is Audi will be overzealous in other areas to commission work to turn a 10 year old car into a new one .

0 1 0

6. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    As long as I'm not paying they can do what they want to try and turn my old one into a new one!
    I imagine Audi can run their own diagnostic tools on it which may help identify the lumpy idle, smoking and some other little issues like why the radiator fan seems to have started running at full speed all the time.

10 years old but only done 80k, if they can get this sorted I'm hoping for a good few years of hassle free motoring from it.

0 1 0

7. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    The oil pump drive has to be upgraded with aftermarket re-enginnered to ensure longevity , my dad's failed at 83k .

0 1 0

8. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Surely even if they replaced the balancer shaft assembly and oil pump with original Audi parts i can at least expect another 80k or so out of it??

0 1 0

9. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    It would be cheaper for the aftermarket better engineered parts to be fitted , plus a good re selling point .

0 1 0

10. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    So it's booked into the local Audi main dealer on Monday 25th September. Been given a courtesy car until then - a Suzuki Swift

Spoke to the mechanic who was doing the last round of work on the car, and he said that he checked the keyway and balance shafts when he replaced the (in his words) "hex shaft alan key thing" and it all looked good, no wear or damage visible... I'm starting to think that maybe its excessive engine wear, or someone ran the engine with low oil or something like that? Possible that it might go down the route of a new/recon engine??

I've asked for a copy of the information that Audi provide after they've done their troubleshooting/diagnostics on it. Will update when i get further info.

0 1 0

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast