Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    What year is your car ?

But regardless it won't be as cheap as the even further bullet proof engineering of the remanufactures .

0 1 0

2. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi, first registered May 2009. Engine CAHA. Pretty sure mine is the 77 hex version.

Totally get your point about the remanufactured options and the better prices better materials etc.

Just wondered if Audi would be supplying a redesigned module late 2009 version or the older 77mm version.

Might be easier if not more expensive to bolt a new OEM unit on.

Mines on 114k now. No problems so far. If i can get that milage again out of it i'd be happy.

0 1 0

3. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Got my car back... new engine, and a few other bits and pieces sorted as well!
    Unfortunately, I've still got two problems... ☹

When I start it up from cold, if I leave it ticking over for about a minute or so, it starts chucking quite a lot of greyish blue smoke out the back. Garage put a bottle of injector cleaner in it before they gave it back to me, could it be that? As soon as I start driving, the smoke stops. It only seems to do this when idling after its been sat cold for several hours, if I drive it for a bit and then leave it ticking over when it’s warm it doesn’t produce any smoke at all.

The lumpy idling, with the revs bouncing up and down is still there and seems to be getting worse. I think we presumed it was all engine/oil pressure related. But my old man had a drive in it last night and he’s convinced that it’s a torque converter problem.
    At idle, with gearbox in Drive, the RPMs will pulse up and down and it shudders, sometimes quite a heavy shake that you can feel right through the car. If you put it in neutral, it calms down a bit.
    I also recently noticed that the radiator fans were running at full speed almost all the time. Aren’t automatic transmissions cooled off the radiator and fans? So possibly If there’s a problem with the torque converter then it’s generating additional heat and the fans are kicking in to cool down the transmission?

0 1 0

4. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Fair bit of smoke...

0 1 0

5. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all, I have been thinking about buying another VAG vehicle, but all these posts about the 2.0 Diesel having oil pump problems are putting me off...is there a definite date where these pump problems were solved at the manufacturing stage? 1st time this problem appeared was in or about 2006??? so had it been eliminated by 2009 or 2010? A friend just bought a 2009 2.0 Ltr A6-Sline, with top specs, would it be safe to say that he will not have any balancer shaft / oil pump problems?
    Cheers,
    Jim.

0 0 0

6. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Started with the A4 B7 in 2004 , ended Feb 2010 .

There are a few rare PD engine codes that didn't receive the twin Lancaster balancer shaft module .

0 1 0

7. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    My hunch is that servicing and driver technique has a part to play. Reving cold engines from start up and the long 20K servicing schedules probably has a part to play.

0 1 0

8. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    It's a multiple engineering issue , not driving or oil .

The only way to explain it is it's planned obsolescence , it was designed to fail .

The old proverb 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' doesn't apply to this one , it's one you really have to fix as a preventative .

0 1 0

9. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks Gaswould, Moral of the story is to avoid ALL 2.0 VAG engines 2005-2010. That's bad form, to take 5 years to sort out a known problem. My Friend with the 2009 A6 S-Line was quite sure that this problem had been solved......I hope that it works out OK for him, the car is a dream to drive.. top specs. I was in my local VW/Audi/Mercedes dealership ( I bought my last two cars from them ) during the week, and the sales man was telling me that he is expecting an 2008 A6 2.0 diesel in as a trade ( he knows the car well, having sold it originally, and fully main dealership service history, so he was confident in recommending it to me, and I am tempted, having sat in my friends S-Line) But not now, after reading the comments here and your input. Most likely, by 2010, there have been modifications carried out on the pump......but obviously it cannot be guaranteed 100% that the problem has gone away.......unfortunately.
    Thanks again Gazwould,
    Cheers, Jim.

0 0 0

10. Re: Low Oil Pressure warning - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    I wouldn't totally avoid , just fix it , the re-enginnered modified balancer shaft with deeper harder , perfectly centered hexagonal keyway and longer key are just £215 on their own in parts .

Not all 2008 to 2010 common rail are going to be 77mm , some are an ok oem 100mm , sometimes they can tell you which , sometimes you need to drop the sump and withdraw the key to find out .

1 1 0

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast