1. Q7 3.0 (245) TDI Economy Remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I found great happiness(!) after getting my previous car, a Ford S-Max remapped for economy. The mpg went up easily by 15mpg on a run, it was almost a pleasure filling up like with my dearly departed LPG V6 Passat.

Therefore it was one of the first things to get done after getting my 2012 Q7. Here's the before and after results from the dyno:

I am a little disappointed compared to the S-Max but feel it was definitely worth doing nonetheless.
    On a recent round-trip from J28 M1 Mansfield to Esher, SW London I had an indicated 47.0 mpg on the fuel computer over 318.8 miles at 75 mph (where possible) and it took 38.23 litres to brim it again. This equates to 37.91 mpg. Is this really any better than anyone else is getting? I hope for more next year when the winter tyres it came with are removed.

Q7EconomyRemap.jpg
    (Green lines are power & torque before, red lines are after)

I made sure I chose a company that has a 4x4 dyno as I want to know what's going on under my own bonnet, not someone else's thanks. The Superchips torque curves look a little too perfect to me.
    Q7Superchips.jpg
    Last edited by limecc; 18-09-2017 at 01:31 AM.
    RIP my trusty Passat 2003 V6 4Motion Estate (BRC LPG) you served me well until I let you down and crunched you.

0 0 0

2. Re: Q7 3.0 TDI Economy Remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Ask yourself this, "if a were a car manufacturer, with the pressures placed upon me by legislation, would I leave a hole in my programming that allowed better fuel consumption?"
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Q7 3.0 TDI Economy Remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I would have to say probably because there are good reasons for them to be conservative. In the western world we can take advantage of better quality EN590 standard diesel and manufacturers may not want to take warranty risks by increasing boost pressures overly. Turbos increase efficiency so more boost = more efficiency.

Also by moving peak torque down the rev range and removing the 'hole' after the peak, this equates to a lesser throttle position and lower revs to hold your chosen gear. Hence saving fuel?
    RIP my trusty Passat 2003 V6 4Motion Estate (BRC LPG) you served me well until I let you down and crunched you.

0 0 0

4. Re: Q7 3.0 TDI Economy Remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I'm definitely going to get my 14 plate remapped also, not for economy though. It's just to slow, I didn't buy a 2+ tonne car to care about economy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 3.0 tdi le mans : Hybrid turbo decat : miltek etc : 330-350 bhp : 450-500lbsft

Visibility pack. Adaptive xenon, Privacy glass. Bose surround. Dvd nav. Comms pack, led plate lights.
    Miltek, custom map,hybrid turbo, decat improved airflow to intercoolers.

0 0 0

5. Re: Q7 3.0 TDI Economy Remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Don't see the need for extra power or torque, these things are license killers anyway, that's another reason the V12 went the way it did. Where can you use it outside of Germany? Don't take this personally but for most dudes maybe it's for bragging rights?

I bought my car because it offers high levels of safety and visibility, great comfort on todays crap potholed roads and it can tow my twin axle caravan, boat and all my gear effortlessly. It also happens to be well made and looks good, although I very nearly had a Touareg but someone beat me to it.

0 0 0

6. Re: Q7 3.0 TDI Economy Remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    This is not a good remap , shameful torque spike that should of been smoothed out in the remap , bad .

What year and hp model is yours exactly ?

0 0 0

7. Re: Q7 3.0 TDI Economy Remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I'm definitely going to get my 14 plate remapped also, not for economy though. It's just to slow, I didn't buy a 2+ tonne car to care about economy

2007 3.0 tdi le mans : Hybrid turbo decat : miltek etc : 330-350 bhp : 450-500lbsft

Visibility pack. Adaptive xenon, Privacy glass. Bose surround. Dvd nav. Comms pack, led plate lights.

With yours being a my14 is it a 252 or 272 as you will only gain slightly from a map because they finally started to push towards the top of the engines performance. As you will know from your A6. Just beware that I run a 400bhp 4.2tdi that has the bigger brakes than the 3.0 and they struggle, i can get an over heat warning on the dash. .

0 0 0

8. Re: Q7 3.0 TDI Economy Remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    This is not a good remap , shameful torque spike that should of been smoothed out in the remap , bad .

What year and hp model is yours exactly ?
    The peak in the torque was much more pronounced before any remapping was done. This has now been smoothed out somewhat. Green line is before, red line is after.

I strongly recommend only using a tuner who invested in a rolling road. Anyone who believes the perfect torque charts that are sometimes published are deluding themselves. My car is a 2012 245 hp model with 71K miles. Look how much power it lost from new.

0 0 0

9. Re: Q7 3.0 TDI Economy Remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin0478 View Post

With yours being a my14 is it a 252 or 272 as you will only gain slightly from a map because they finally started to push towards the top of the engines performance. As you will know from your A6. Just beware that I run a 400bhp 4.2tdi that has the bigger brakes than the 3.0 and they struggle, i can get an over heat warning on the dash. .
    Has anyone got any dyno charts of their car to share?

0 0 0

10. Re: Q7 3.0 TDI Economy Remap 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin0478 View Post

My14 plate is 245 standard, I'll be getting mrc to remap it so expect 290-300, maybe minor exhaust work to liberate the noise more like the old C6

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast