Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

I am having an ongoing issue with my 55 plate A3 140 Sportback,

I am getting a serious lack of power and the only error message I have managed to get is P0226,

I have had a need turbo in the last 12mths plus a new oil pump, I had a Terraclean in the last month and the EGR was then blacked off, still no power or acceleration anything higher than 2nd gear, there is a complete drop when going up hill,

I am seriously concerned I will need another turbo but I need to understand what is causing the underboost as the terra clean should have cleaned the system etc

Please can anybody advise or assist as I have always looked after the vehicle but need to be careful where to invest the pennies.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2005 A3 Sportback P0226 Error 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Thats the throttle position sensor.
    A4 B6,A4B7Quattro,MK4 Golf,MK5Golf gone and well forgotten,MK6Golf.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2005 A3 Sportback P0226 Error 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimly Fiendish View Post
    Hi All,

I am having an ongoing issue with my 55 plate A3 140 Sportback,

I am getting a serious lack of power and the only error message I have managed to get is P0226,

I have had a need turbo in the last 12mths plus a new oil pump, I had a Terraclean in the last month and the EGR was then blacked off, still no power or acceleration anything higher than 2nd gear, there is a complete drop when going up hill,

I am seriously concerned I will need another turbo but I need to understand what is causing the underboost as the terra clean should have cleaned the system etc

Please can anybody advise or assist as I have always looked after the vehicle but need to be careful where to invest the pennies.
    I actually had a new one of those put in by Audi a couple of years ago after the pedal snapped after cleaning the car, am I right in thinking this will require a re map for the replacement to be recognised ?

0 0 0

4. Re: 2005 A3 Sportback P0226 Error 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Not a remap,what did you use to scan it.
    A4 B6,A4B7Quattro,MK4 Golf,MK5Golf gone and well forgotten,MK6Golf.

0 0 0

5. Re: 2005 A3 Sportback P0226 Error 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nevo View Post
    Not a remap,what did you use to scan it.
    It was a Snap On scanner at the terra clean garage, is this sensor located under the peddle ? silly question but I need to be sure as I cannot fine one on the internet for an A3 of my year unless I am searching for the wrong thing, is maybe a Bosch part as I need to fine the correct part number.

0 0 0

6. Re: 2005 A3 Sportback P0226 Error 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So the plot thickens, Audi have told me that there is no such thing as a throttle position sensor and what I need is a throttle valve controller which is £404 but before they are prepared to supply it I must have a scan for errors completed first at £98 ph but they would not say how many hours would be required, I have also questioned the length of the warrantee for the new pedal I had fitted as if it is the throttle position sensor it should be covered.

So I have to ask the question, if the pedal exists so must the sensor ? at which point Audi said there was no record of my car having a accelerator pedal fitted although I have the receipt at home in the filing cabinet.

I am now considering going to an independent to get the diagnostic done as the code P0266 is not a recognised Audi code apparently.... still no further forward until I can get the diagnostic done tomorrow, (Audi Manchester only run them Mon to Thurs)

0 0 0

7. Re: 2005 A3 Sportback P0226 Error 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Has anyone checked your MAF sensor or V157 intake throttle valve / anti shudder valve or does your engine have the intake manifold flaps and actuator ( I don't think it does: 2litre pd engine?) , also stating the obvious, have you checked the air filter and changed the fuel filter - did the terraclean guy change the filter or bypass it to add his fluid?
    I'm seeing P0266 as injector#2 fault P0266 - Ross-Tech Wiki, I could be wrong though, if you can find an independent with VCDS they should be able to check.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2005 A3 Sportback P0226 Error 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    That will usually be the wiring to the throttle pedal but failure of the pedal does happen. The warranty on a genuine part is 2 years on production of the receipt of purchase and they may want to see prooof it was properly installed if they want a reason to wriggle out of the warranty.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: 2005 A3 Sportback P0226 Error 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Engine is a BKD type according to the information plate, I have no idea about the MAF etc until tomorrow when hopefully I will see some error codes, I have been told this could be as simple as a 10am fuse that has blown but I have checked all these this afternoon and nothing seems incorrect, I understand through reading on this forum the actuator may be held open but I do not want to start poking around until I get the codes read.

0 0 0

10. Re: 2005 A3 Sportback P0226 Error 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The fuse idea is related to the V157 fault and this is not the one you have given us a code for
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast