1. Question 3.0 TDI Bi Turbo? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hey guys, I am buying soon a 2012 A7, Quattro, Sline, and with a 3.0 TDI Bi Turbo (v6 diesel, 313hp) engine.

I am wondering anything I should watch out for while im prepurchase inspecting it this weekend? Also, I have intentions to change the following when I buy it;

-upgrade to OEM facelift sline front bumper and RS grille (is it possible to reuse my front fog light sensors in the new bumper? so only need to buy bumper + grille)
    -upgrade to OEM facelift sline rear bumper (I know I will need new exhaust, my round tips vs new squares, but anything else I need to worry about? is just the rear valence replaceable?)
    -upgrade to OEM facelift rear tail lights (plug and play? same shape?)
    -upgrade to OEM facelift front head lights (plug and play? same shape?)

Here is a pic of it as it stands now;

0 0 0

2. Re: 3.0 TDI Bi Turbo? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    If you upgrade the front bumper, you also need new ACC sensors and all the other accessories. It’s a complete new setup.

Rear bumper is a straight swap and believe you can just add new exhaust ends or cut the existing ones down to fit the square pipes.

Rear lights are plug and play. I have some and they look amazing.

Front headlights are a different shape but will fit the new bumper you are fitting. They are a straight plug and bolt in but need coding to work properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 1 0

3. Re: 3.0 TDI Bi Turbo? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    If you upgrade the front bumper, you also need new ACC sensors and all the other accessories. It’s a complete new setup.

Rear bumper is a straight swap and believe you can just add new exhaust ends or cut the existing ones down to fit the square pipes.

Rear lights are plug and play. I have some and they look amazing.

Front headlights are a different shape but will fit the new bumper you are fitting. They are a straight plug and bolt in but need coding to work properly
    Thank you very much for the info!! Few follow up questions;

1) Well, I am actually thinking about swapping my stock exhaust system for a bolt on aftermark system (made specifically for our models), but how would that effect Audi Drive Select now that I think of it....? Alternatively, couldn't I just cut off my round tips and route them into the new square type? For the rear bumper, I am thinking preface lift Sline bumper with grey valence.

2) Apparently some kind of wiring kit is required to swap to the new taillights? How much did you pay for your set if you don't mind me asking and where did you source them from?

3) For a new front bumper, I am thinking of the preface lift Sline front bumper, would the facelift headlights not work with that bumper? If I stayed with my current headlights but just changed bumpers (non sline to sline), would I still need to replace sensors etc?

4) ACC is active lane assist right? I think I don't even have that (given my mirrors hved no blind spot indicators).

0 0 0

4. 3.0 TDI Bi Turbo? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    If you swapped the exhaust then you would loose the speakers im the exhaust which give the growl in sport mode. As you are fitting the pre facelift rear bumper, it will be a straight fit.

For the rear lights, a wire is run between the inner and outer modules. It comes with the kit. I got mine from www.cetecarcoding.de and was a plug and play installation with very good instructions.

Front bumper will be ok if you fit prefacelift with prefacelift lights. They won’t work with one or the other being the newest version as they are quite different. The sensors etc are all still just plug and play no matter which bumper you get.

Acc is adaptive cruise control and is what the small black circles are near where fog lights normally fit. If you fit the pre facelift bumper, they will fit without extra parts

Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

5. Re: 3.0 TDI Bi Turbo? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks again Mitch, very much appreciate it

Looks like that website however, no longer sells that kit? Instead I found THIS, good price/same thing you got?

And just so we are clear, if I want the new headlights, I need a new facelift bumper, and then I would also need new adaptive cruise control sensors and wouldn't be able to reuse mine?

If new ones are relatively cheap ($100-200) I'm still interested in doing that, but if they are $500+ and I need to replace other things as well, then that is too much.

Let me know what you think

0 0 0

6. Re: 3.0 TDI Bi Turbo? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Yeah that’s the same thing I got, different company though. Kufatec also sell them but they are all genuine parts so doesn’t make a difference. If you’re in the US just get the US Version.

Yes if you want the new facelift lights, you need the new bumper. The sensors will still fit, but the surrounds for the sensors won’t. I don’t know the cost but it’s only a plastic insert so shouldn’t be too much.

Have a look on kufatec website, they tell you what you need. I looked into in and for the RS7 bumper and new lights it was £8000!!!!!

0 0 0

7. Re: 3.0 TDI Bi Turbo? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Oh, their website even has better prices;

Complete set LED Facelift Rear Lights for Audi A7 4G (tailights + wiring kit for ~$1300)

For the headlights, not as expensive as I thought;

LED Matrix Headlights with DRL for Audi A7 4G

Lights 3500 euro, used sline facelift bumper (500-1000 euro?), and ebay rs7 grille for sline facelift bumper (100-200 euro), plus plastic inserts over ACC sensors...

0 0 0

8. Re: 3.0 TDI Bi Turbo? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Actually, after doing extensive research last night, I do not think it is possible to retrofit the facelifted headlights (2015+) to a 2011-2014 A7.

I have found ZERO cases of anybody doing it successfully, no videos, tutorials, kits, nothing. Also, Kufatec seems to be VERY knowledgeable in regards to retrofit and even sell the headlights seperately, but when I messaged them about purchasing a pair and paying for them to retrofit them onto my MY2012 A7, they said the following;

We are sorry, but this set is only suitable for car which are Modelyear 2015 or higher. Your car is modelyear 2012.

So we don't have the possibility to install this set into your car

the headlight's it is not possible from technical side it can not be implemented.

0 0 0

9. Re: 3.0 TDI Bi Turbo? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    They can be done, I’ve found videos on YouTube. Also a company called hazzydays offer the retrofit.

There is also someone on this forum that’s done it

0 0 0

10. Re: 3.0 TDI Bi Turbo? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1tchy View Post
    They can be done, I’ve found videos on YouTube. Also a company called hazzydays offer the retrofit.

There is also someone on this forum that’s done it

Link to video? I've searched and haven't seen any. Or link to the company? Google return some kind of music festival...

I'd be very surprised if someone here managed to pull it off, but maybe they can speak for themself how they did it when Kufatec cant?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast