Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Clutch judder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Clutch judder 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    A colleague of mine has a 17 plate A5 2.0TDi manual with 5k on the clock.
    He has clutch judder. It's not just the A6 it effects.

0 0 0

2. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renars View Post
    Just stupid by Audi not fixing this problem in FL model, after it was well known in first C7 !
    They have, they stopped selling the manual gearbox version.

DMF's are notorious for their problems. Ask any taxi driver who drives VW group (or any other group) manual if they have replaced their clutch yet? Most will have and at th esame time replaced the DMF with a solid flywheel. Slightly more vibration at launch but no more failures after a few miles.

DMFs just make the pull away smoother by cushioning the vibration the engine passes on to the gearbox

0 1 0

3. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Replacing DMF with solid flywheel is stupid and I don't care what people who do that kind of things say or think.
    And DMF makes everything smoother while engine is running.
    And they sold manual until the end of A6 C7 !
    And what solid DMF they use for Audi A6 C7 ? From BiTDI ?
    Current cars:
    2007 Passat b6 2.0 tdi BMR DSG
    2013 Golf MK7 1.6 tdi 5 speed

0 0 0

4. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Replacing DMF with solid flywheel is stupid and I don't care what people who do that kind of things say or think.
    But removing DPF is ok though, how strange.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

5. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Well yes, DPF doesn't make car run any better, gearbox and clutch last longer.
    Sure its bad for out health, but look how many old piece of crap cars without any health concerns are on roads worldwide.
    Current cars:

0 0 0

6. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    And it's illegal, but never mind, whats a few more dead people anyway.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

7. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    The DMF generally only makes the pull away smoother. once the drivetrain is under load, the flywheel effectively gets stick in one position until the load is removed. It is essentially two solid flywheels joined together with rubber blocks. These rubber blocks can only take so much vibration until they start to break down and the dust contaminates the clutch plates and the starter motor meaning that whenever you replace the clutch on a car these days, unlike before when it was only the clutch and maybe the release bearing, now you change the flywheel and starter motor too to save having to pull it all apart again before the clutch goes again next time.

0 0 0

8. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrown1664 View Post
    The DMF generally only makes the pull away smoother. once the drivetrain is under load, the flywheel effectively gets stick in one position until the load is removed. It is essentially two solid flywheels joined together with rubber blocks. These rubber blocks can only take so much vibration until they start to break down and the dust contaminates the clutch plates and the starter motor meaning that whenever you replace the clutch on a car these days, unlike before when it was only the clutch and maybe the release bearing, now you change the flywheel and starter motor too to save having to pull it all apart again before the clutch goes again next time.
    It helps every time you push and release clutch or push and release throttle.
    It saves gearbox.
    Its not just a rubber blocks but spring system, which actually dampens violent torque variations.
    If it would not be effective it would not be used as car manufacturers are always trying to make things cheaper - look at VW emission scandal for example.
    Problem is there are many reliable DMFs and clutches and also many unreliable.
    C7's manual gearbox combination is one of worst by far.
    Changed DMF for my '06 Passat B6 BMR DSG, payed for new LUK 270 EUR, changed by myself and 30 min help from friend (took 7 hours as I didn't have special tool for pilot bearing)
    Morale - don't buy manual !
    Current cars:

0 0 0

9. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I had my 2016 A6 in for an Inspection Service yesterday - 19,500 miles and also to investigate the clutch judder. £250 for a pollen filter and the "Inspection" but I figured money well spent to maintain my warranty - which runs until June 2019.
    I was told there is a technical bulletin, and the service agent had it in his hand and was reading from it, and said it's due to moisture, water or oil, and is normal and is nothing to worry about. I thought that is interesting and I'll read it when I get home tonight - but he never put it in with the paperwork.
    On the way home, the judder was worse than it has ever been.
    They will be emailing me on Monday, so I will report the judder is worse and request a copy of the service bulletin - and say I am now aware that this is a common problem with DMF and Audi have stopped the manual box on the A6.

I bought the car - ex demonstrator - from an Audi Dealer - and it's only ever been serviced by Audi.
    My service history also has never been correct - the service from when I bought it has never showed online when I log in, although the dealer I bought it from, Inverness Audi - insist it is showing on the Audi system. It's also missing from the record Aberdeen Audi gave me yesterday.

I have the feeling I'll be getting in touch with Audi Customer Service next week.

Capture.JPG
    2016 Audi A6 C7 - 2.0 TDI Sline Ultra - Moonlight Blue - No Tech Packs

0 0 0

10. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Why do people listen to Audi dealer when they are saying something about product they are representing ?
    Clutch judder is uncomfortable and for car such as Audi A6 is absolutely unacceptable !
    Its manufacturers fault and responsibility to deal with it.
    What they are going to say next - because of oil and water and some other stuff loosing brakes on every third push of pedal is also normal ?
    Current cars:

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast