1. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for answers and experiences folks. I'm currently away so haven't had chance to take it in to be looked at yet.
    I'm not mechanically minded so was wondering how the faulty DMF would be identified? If Audi don't play ball I'm assuming I have the right to request the broken part and then have it examined independently? I'm prepared to battle with them because this isn't a cheap job which is likely to occur again. I also spoke with my dad who have a 2014 a4 with 25k who said he has the judder and a colleague has a q5 with the same at 40k.
    I feel a trip to Mercedes will be on the cards

0 0 0

2. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The general consensus is that its inherently faulty DMFs that cause the judder on most of the manual cars. Its also an issue in other makes too like BMW and Ford. This is my second A6 with the same issue. I also thought about going down the Mercedes route until I researched them. I got the fear when i read about failing Mercedes Gearboxes, sticking in first if driven too hard, faulty electrics, faulty diesel injectors, fake leather seats i.e man made 'Artico faux leather' quality...not any more. I also thought about a BMW 5 series as an alternative but again, having researched them decided not to and the ones at work are never out of the garage. I like the A6, its a lovely car but seems all car manufacturers are having issues with quality, maybe as they try to save money. I think the Audi S tronic box is the way to go. Ill stick with the Audi, best of the bunch, imo
    A6 C7 S line

0 0 0

3. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Unfortunately dsg has a dmf as well and can have similar issues like a manual.
    Only difference as it's controlled electronically it's less likely to show up till high miles as one of the common causes in a manual is riding on the clutch pedal. The dsg eliminates this somewhat.

0 0 0

4. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I had a slight judder from cold; always OK after a mile or so. A tiny bit of clutch slip too, at max torque. Turned out to be a leaking slave cylinder contaminating the clutch plate. Not quite as expensive as a DMF failure but still 600+ quid at an independent.

0 0 0

5. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    There is not a car maker out there that fits a DMF that doesn't have problems, they seem to last a lifetime or break early.....luck of the draw. Just by what you are asking them to do, anyone with an engineering mind can see it is a potential disaster waiting to happen.
    It's a shame these manufacturer's won't openly admit the problem and replace the faulty one's without quibbling so much, I was lucky, the tech took one look, said "yep, dmf gone" and the whole thing, including friction plate replaced under warranty.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    2016 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Quattro Black Edition
    2013 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Black Edition ​gone
    2010 A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Le Mans. gone.

0 0 0

6. Re: Clutch judder 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    If your car is under warranty press for a replacement. My Audi dealer replaced mine twice under warranty, the first replacement went after 10k miles.
    The car was part exchanged with a slight judder occasionally at 80k on it's 4th clutch (including the original) as I was fed up with that issue.

0 0 0

7. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a quick update for anybody with the same issue. Dropped it off at the dealer this morning and awaited the dreaded phone call. To my surprise all has been replaced and covered under warranty, no questions asked. Can't fault the service I've received from start to finish.....just hope the problem is sorted for good.

0 2 0

8. Re: Clutch judder 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    I 100% believe they know there's an issue with them and it depends on your relationship with the dealer. It's very wrong but that's the way it is.
    Glad you got a good result though.

0 0 0

9. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    My car is July 2016, and done just under 18K, bought as demo from Audi dealer and serviced by them. I am occasionally getting judder in first - do more road driving than town driving, but do get stuck in congestion. Looks like I'll be booking a trip to the dealer.
    2016 Audi A6 C7 - 2.0 TDI Sline Ultra - Moonlight Blue - No Tech Packs

0 0 0

10. Re: Clutch judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6@georgemac View Post
    My car is July 2016, and done just under 18K, bought as demo from Audi dealer and serviced by them. I am occasionally getting judder in first - do more road driving than town driving, but do get stuck in congestion. Looks like I'll be booking a trip to the dealer.
    Just stupid by Audi not fixing this problem in FL model, after it was well known in first C7 !
    Current cars:
    2007 Passat b6 2.0 tdi BMR DSG
    2013 Golf MK7 1.6 tdi 5 speed

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast