Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Can anyone tell me their experience with the 3 cylinder 1.0 tsi engine? ... and with 7 speed DSG ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Wink Can anyone tell me their experience with the 3 cylinder 1.0 tsi engine? ... and with 7 speed DSG ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello,
    I am contemplating using the "scrappage scheme" to replace my 2009 1.6tDi Golf with a new 1.0tsi 3 cylinder DSG. Luckily I have a few weeks to make up my mind.
    Most of the press reviews are positive, but I'd like to hear about real-world experience.
    I'd be interested in any comments about this wee engine. What irritates you about it? Is it reliable?
    Any thoughts would be apreciated!
    2009 1.6 TDi 105 5 door Tornado Red
    0 0 0

2. Re: Can anyone tell me their experience with the 3 cylinder 1.0 tsi engine? ... and with 7 speed DSG ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Also following this thread... im currently looking at a SE nav version with the said engine..

0 0 0

3. Re: Can anyone tell me their experience with the 3 cylinder 1.0 tsi engine? ... and with 7 speed DSG ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1834 Post(s)
    Scrapping a 2009 car is wrong, no matter if it uses the Devils urine for fuel, in fact it is deeply wrong and offensive....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Can anyone tell me their experience with the 3 cylinder 1.0 tsi engine? ... and with 7 speed DSG ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    I have the 1.0 mpi in an 2015 up, buzzy at speed and a bit lumpy at tickover, there is no balancer shaft fitted. Tsi may have one but think it will be the same base engine. It's fine for what we do with the car but i suspect it will not be a high mileage engine and the tsi in a bigger car will likely need working hard, suppose it depends what you'll be using the car for. Press reviews usually are positive!
    Have to agree that scrapping an 8 yo car is unnecessary and has nothing to do with environment / emmissions and all to do with sales turnover and market share!! Is your 1.6 a euro 4 engine? Thought they were a euro5.
    0 0 0

5. Re: Can anyone tell me their experience with the 3 cylinder 1.0 tsi engine? ... and with 7 speed DSG ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The new 3 cylinder engine is said to be much smoother than recent products from VW and that's why I wonder if it's true.
    Yes, ours is a Euro 4 engine - we visited a VW garage in Germany shortly after we bought it and they even gave us a nice green "4" sticker for the windscreen which allows us access to some cities there if they have a smog alarm.
    VW's marketing policy is designed to keep customers as well as maintain sales / production / employment levels.
    I agree that scrapping an 8 year old car is poor logic, but I have increasing issues with my back and left leg and will need to go to an automatic sometime soon.
    Each of the 3 cars I have owned since 1977 and prior to this one was bought new by me and driven by me to the scrapyard - average age about 11 years, mileage about 120 -130,000 - I'm not into buying new cars regularly!
    This would be the youngest car I've disposed of.
    Last edited by roddy22; 03-09-2017 at 02:18 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    0 0 0

6. Re: Can anyone tell me their experience with the 3 cylinder 1.0 tsi engine? ... and with 7 speed DSG ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Suppose the only way will be for you to take one out for a decent test drive, just been out with our 1.0, doing 70 odd mph and 3000 rpm+ down the motorway, its not bad, just needs working at to get there, tsi may have smoother torque curve. Never driven a 7 speed dsg, might seem like its constantly changing gear ?
    Wasn't having a dig at you personally for considering the scrappage option, just a bit cynical at vw dressing it up as if they are trying to save the world!!
    0 0 0

7. Re: Can anyone tell me their experience with the 3 cylinder 1.0 tsi engine? ... and with 7 speed DSG ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    No offence taken. Like you, I loathe VW's cynicism! I will try to arrange a test drive in about 3-4 weeks – busy until then - so I'll have to wait and see. I’ll post the findings afterwards.
    0 1 0

8. Re: Can anyone tell me their experience with the 3 cylinder 1.0 tsi engine? ... and with 7 speed DSG ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1834 Post(s)
    Roddy, could you PM me your cars reg number please?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Can anyone tell me their experience with the 3 cylinder 1.0 tsi engine? ... and with 7 speed DSG ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Dsf50w
    0 0 0

10. Re: Can anyone tell me their experience with the 3 cylinder 1.0 tsi engine? ... and with 7 speed DSG ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    I have recently got the fabia with the 1.0 tsi 110 bhp engine but it is manual - our son is learning in it. Great engine and surprisingly powerful. Getting about 60 mpg so far with 2500 miles on the clock. It is pretty refined and quiet at speed - much better than the 1.0 mpi which our daughter has in the citigo.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant
    0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast