1. Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Just got a call for my slight vibration and have been told I need new discs and pads all round.
    The car has 20ks on it and they aren't covering under warranty or manufacturing defects.
    £1000! Repair for a car just over 18 months of absolutely rediculous.
    2015 272 saloon Fl, lighting pack, 19" 10 spoke alloys, electric boot, memory seat with folding mirrors, tech pack, silver leather interior and privacy glass.

0 0 0

2. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I would be tempted to contact Audi UK and explain your situation. At that miledge I wouldn't expect them to go.

Has your driving been hard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Audi U.K. Holds the same stance. It's wear and tear.
    How does one wear a warp into a disc?
    I'm not an aggressive driver(most days). Car gets used everyday so doesn't sit around to rust. It's mainly a motorway mile muncher.
    I've had track cars that's done more mileage on a set of discs and pads.

0 0 0

4. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Isn't warped discs a phenomenon ?

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-su...nd-other-myths

If it's uneven pad deposits and the discs are in good condition I'd put some EBC Redstuff on that have a break in coating that condition the surface .

0 0 0

5. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Regardless if it's a phenomenon I shouldn't have to waste time and effort to rectify these issues.
    Whole point buying these expensive cars is that you would expect them to work. If it needed a set of pads I can understand it but the fact is that the whole lot is needing attention and they are not willing to do anything about it. The pads still have 60% life in them so for a set of discs not to out live a set of pads points to a manufacturing defect somewhere.

0 0 0

6. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Modern cars , premium or not are anything but reliable and
    constantly need maintaining .

Main dealers are notorious for condemning less than half worn parts , should be a law against it .

Really should try those pads , better braking with less dust .

0 0 0

7. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Have they measured the run-out on all the discs? Have you had an explanation of why it needs a full set?
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

8. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I had a Vauxhall Insignia several years ago and at 20k, the rear pads got stuck in the carriers and on a long journey towing a trailer, they over heated the discs and started rumbling and smoking like the car was on fire. Vx didn't play ball to start with but eventually agreed to replace discs and pads all round (despite my local garage refusing to do the work as they didn't diagnose the initial problem as the AA towed to another Vx garage in Somerset who diagnosed the problem and fixed it enough to enable me to drive it home as they couldn't repair before I needed to be back at work after the weekend).

Get onto Audi UK and don't give up. I've been battling with them about my towing electrics and the MK garage who told me they wouldn't program them, are now taking it in to investigate at nil cost.

I've not been impressed with Audi's customer service myself so far, but definitely wouldn't be paying to have them fixed myself.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan02 View Post
    Have they measured the run-out on all the discs? Have you had an explanation of why it needs a full set?
    I've not picked up my car but the audicam video which was a waste of space said they Road tested and could feel a vibration(told them that already) then they put it on the mot brake tester and could see it's doing it on all 4 so needs discs and pads.
    I don't even think they took the wheels off.

0 0 0

10. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Thats a bit lazy! Yes, the rollers will show fluctuations but they should have used a DTI gauge on all of the discs.
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast