Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK_C7 View Post
    Faulty/worn disks issue aside it baffles me how Audi dealers can justify/get away with charging two different prices for exactly the same work being completed in their workshops solely based on the age of the vehicle?
    Its to attract out of warranty vehicles back to the dealership as most in warranty vehicles will go back to dealers for servicing in case something goes wrong and the warranty doesn't pay

0 0 0

2. Re: Warped discs 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Is it legal I wonder?

0 0 0

3. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripletrouble View Post
    Is it legal I wonder?
    Probably. they will says it's subsidised by Audi uk or something that's why there's 2 prices

0 0 0

4. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    There's nothing illegal about offering to work for a price.
    No one is forced to pay it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    A6 C7 Saloon 3.0Tdi Quattro S Line | 242bhp | Quartz Grey
    2016 Triumph Street Triple | 106bhp | Pearl White
    VCDS owner - Lanarkshire Area. PM Me if you need help.

0 0 0

5. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Reading this with interest.
    When my car was a month old i took it in re a whining from the front driver side wheel. No fault found so i learned to live with it.
    3yrs on the front right braked started groaning/moaning i could feel it through the steering wheel. only when the brakes were warm. Even on the motorway they would squeal. It stopped the moment i braked. I tried all sorts. Audi service said NFF. Discs and pads less than 20% worn. Took it to an independent who stripped it and said it just needs new front discs. The discs were quiet scoured/grooved , but not very worn. I assumed this was causing the pad to be rattled so i should just change them.
    Interestingly, i only the the car every week or two. It does nothing then a long run as a rule then nothing for a while. Abit of corrosion builds on the discs as a result, probably the cause of the scouring.

Anyway, it has been squealing when warm for over 2 years now. At my recent service i bit the bullet and paid for new front discs and pads even though audi said they weren't needed.

Now, it takes longer, about 2 hours on the motorway, but eventually the squeal comes back, stops immediately on braking. Starts as you pull away again. Its particularly bad when the car is heavily loaded.

I still think its the wheel bearing, casing the brakes to wear unevenly, causing the noise. I cant prove it. 2 different audi garages tell me there is no fault with the bearing or the brake, but the ffkkker still squeals after 2 hours driving.

I dont care anymore, as the same garage offered me a great deal and a new S6 which is arriving next month with 6pot callipers and 400mm discs instead. Hopefully no more squealing.

Good luck with your case, the moral is, check the cheel bearings for any play or uneven movement, i think that could cause the issue.
    S6 Black Avant: Tech advanced, Matrix, Keyless entry, Sunroof, Speed limit display, Tow bar, Rear camera
    Golf GTI (for the Mrs) BMW M140i (for work and fun )

0 0 0

6. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Been trying to get some time and get it checked.
    Could be dirt in the hub to disc contact patch, could be the hub not running true, could be the disc are actually warped, could be anything, all I know I’m paying for it if I decide to keep the car as Audi isn’t interested even though the car is under 2 years old.
    Might just jack it in and move on to something else. There’s others brands. Quite like the new e class(with all the tech options) and the new e43 has 4 matic so no more Audi’s reign with the Quattro for our variable climate. I know there’s plenty of crap on the net about the Quattro vs 4matic vs xdrive but for the average joe on uk roads it’s not gonna be that different between the 3 for everyday use.
    Only form of shopping I like is car shopping ;-)

0 0 0

7. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Look at the Volvo S90 or the XC60. Equipment levels leave Audi standing.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

8. Re: Warped discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    Look at the Volvo S90 or the XC60. Equipment levels leave Audi standing.
    New xc60 is really nice but can’t seem to bring myself getting a Volvo, I’m too young 😄. it’s not cheap if you want all the toys. It’s S6/e43 money without the performance.

0 0 0

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567