1. Replacment suspension bush options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, a newbie here, I have been lurking for a while, but decided I needed to sign up to ask a question.

I have 2007 Audi A4 Avant (B7 shape) which the top wishbone bushes on the nearside front suspension are failing. They’re not too bad at the moment, but you can see they have failed (spilt/cracks in rubber) and I get occasional knocks when going over bumps/potholes etc.

The other bushes don’t look too good either, so I think it’s time replace all the front bushes (car has done 108k miles)

So, I’ve started doing a bit of research into the options. It seems Audi and GSF don’t seem to sell replacement bushes, they want you to replace each arm which contains a bush. Whist this makes a re-build quick and easy, it seems a bit of a waste and expensive, as the arms seem all ok.

I’m thinking of going down the poly bush (possibly Supaflex???) route, keeping my original arms. This seems relatively cost effective. But I’m slightly concerned about the ride. As this is my daily driver I’m looking to keep the ride as close as possible to OE. I have a Mk1 Golf with very stiff suspension (albeit not just from poly bushes) for weekend fun, and while I love that, it does get a bit tiring after a long drive and I don’t want that on my daily driver (I guess I’m getting old!!!).

The car is otherwise in good condition, and I plan to keep it for a while yet so while I’m looking for a cost-effective solution, I’m not necessarily looking for a super cheap (and probably nasty) solution - there seem to be plenty of those on eBay.

What are people’s thoughts?

Does anyone have Supaflex bushes, if so what are they like to live with?

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

0 0 0

2. Re: Replacment suspension bush options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Probably cheaper .

http://www.strongflexuk.co.uk

0 0 0

3. Re: Replacment suspension bush options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks but it looks like they only cover A4's from 95 to 04 - unless I'm being blind...

0 0 0

4. Re: Replacment suspension bush options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    How bizarre , would they fit as B6 and B7 suspension is the same/similar ?

0 0 0

5. Re: Replacment suspension bush options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Just throw 2 new top arms in and be done with it. Your best using a good brand and also getting a new bolt kit as you will find out after a lot of swearing and heat

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Replacment suspension bush options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Agree,get lemforder febi etc,you would probably knacker up the knuckle at the pinch bolt anyway they can be sods to get off,I would firstly change the anti roll bushes first,cheap to do and usually the source of clunking.
    A4 B6,A4B7Quattro,MK4 Golf,MK5Golf gone and well forgotten,MK6Golf.

0 1 0

7. Re: Replacment suspension bush options 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers guys, yeah i think i may have been going for a bit of an overkill, i'll just do the two top ones and deal with others if/when they fail.

Thanks

Jim

0 1 0