Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello.

I have read about the issues wth the flashing PRNDS lights on the dash and have worries that I am in for an expensive repair if the ECU has gone etc.

However I have one question to ask, the lights only flash sometimes and it is only when I stop and move the auto gear shift into reverse too quickly before the car has fully stopped etc. Hass anyone else ever experienced this issue and If I take more care and ensure that I fully stop next time ?

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Flashing PRNDS lights on dash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Start saving up. My cvt starting the flashing routine the day I drove it out of the dealers. Luckily they got it fixed but it took nearly 3 weeks but 4 years on and still good as gold. I have just now started to get a judder when the car pulls away from a standing start and again when I slow to a stop. Result new gearbox £4000 + from audi. The car is worth £1000. An independent is replacing the box for £2600.
    With regard to the flashing lights there is a company that will repair the T.C.U. which is most probably causing the issue You tube have videos of the problem. There are some thin wires that part company with the p.c.b. It could also mean that fluid has managed to get into the T.C.U. Others on this site who are far more knowledge than me will no doubt give you good advice and a positive way forward. From my personal experience this is a money pit opening up.

0 0 0

3. Re: Flashing PRNDS lights on dash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Usually a fault code read will give an F125 fault code which invariably means a faulty ECU. We will only fit these genuine and they are about £1200 plus fitting and fluid filling, we won't use recon units, new units have to be ordered specially from Germany and take a couple of weeks.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Flashing PRNDS lights on dash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A1EK View Post
    Hello.

I have read about the issues wth the flashing PRNDS lights on the dash and have worries that I am in for an expensive repair if the ECU has gone etc.

However I have one question to ask, the lights only flash sometimes and it is only when I stop and move the auto gear shift into reverse too quickly before the car has fully stopped etc. Hass anyone else ever experienced this issue and If I take more care and ensure that I fully stop next time ?

Thanks
    Stop moving the auto gearshift before the car has stopped, you're asking for trouble doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Flashing PRNDS lights on dash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Just an update that I get the flashing lights now and then,however the car still behaves and drives normally?

The lights so far do not come on when moving along, only if I touch the shifter when starting the car it seems, but somtimes if I select reverse the lights flash but I can still go backwards? then when I select Drive again the lights stop flashing?

So I have a question, could this be a loose sensor at the shifter somewhere perhaps rather than the dreaded gearbox ECU? or could it be the shifter unit inside the car?

Also If it is the ECU then I would need to get the codesread but do not have a device to do this as I only have a simple OB2 reader etc, so what’s the best method of getting this equipment? If it is the ECU then I would be genuine second hand probably, but does anyone have more info on what gets faulty within the ECU and is there a repair process out there? I have seen videos of the metal internal contacts coming loose that need to the solder to be reflowed.

0 0 0

6. Re: Flashing PRNDS lights on dash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Buy yourself full VCDS from Ross-Tech VCDS
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Flashing PRNDS lights on dash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Are the cheaper versions on ebay (as below) for the VCDS diagnostic plug and CD anygood for telling me the gearbox problem?

USB Cable Car Diagnostic Scanner with CD VAG-COM 409.1 for VW/Audi/Seat VCDS | eBay

0 0 0

8. Re: Flashing PRNDS lights on dash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    That is stolen software and 409 is decades out of date, we can only help you with reports from the legal nd up to date software which is now on version 17.8! This is the minimum I can think you would get the correct results with but it limits you when using it on other cars.

HEX-V2 Enthusiast | Ross-Tech

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Flashing PRNDS lights on dash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    It's definitely the Transmission Controller Range detection at fault as it cannot detect the Gear Position.

0 0 0

10. Re: Flashing PRNDS lights on dash 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilanpiper View Post
    It's definitely the Transmission Controller Range detection at fault as it cannot detect the Gear Position.
    Is that the unit on the back of the gearbox or inside the car>?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast