1. Re: C7 3.0TDi V6 known issues? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I've owned mine from new, the only failure I've had is the lower pulley wearing away....quite a big issue but fixed under warranty, I have a 5yr warranty.

0 0 0

2. Re: C7 3.0TDi V6 known issues? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darich View Post
    Audi quotes £225 for S Tronic oil and filter change and service interval is 38k.
    As far as diesel is concerned, it definitely does need changed. I guess petrol would be the same but don't quote me.

Omit the service at your peril
    I'm only a few days into owning my C7, and I thought it was a tiptronic, as it has a paddle shift. (I was confusing the CVT multi-tronic with s-tronic.)
    So I now know what S-tronic is, It's a DSG gearbox with a different name! And the oil definately requires changing at 38K.

Does anyone know the procedure for changing the oil and filters? I bet it's not as simple as changing engine oil!

0 0 0

3. Re: C7 3.0TDi V6 known issues? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the replies to my initial query. I'm still in no man's land re. decision taking on changing my car. At least I know the 3.0TDi is solid on the C7 and the tip box scores over the s-stronic on maintenance costs. My current car has tiptronic and I love it. My first auto after driving manuals for 26 years. Would gladly have another as at 105k miles the one on my car is still working great.
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Tiptronic (C6 pre-facelift) - left hand drive

0 0 0

4. Re: C7 3.0TDi V6 known issues? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    My STronic is my first auto after driving manuals since 1990.

And I love it. So does the wife.

Doubt we'll go back to manuals now.
    A6 C7 Saloon 3.0Tdi Quattro S Line | 242bhp | Quartz Grey
    2016 Triumph Street Triple | 106bhp | Pearl White
    VCDS owner - Lanarkshire Area. PM Me if you need help.

0 0 0

5. Re: C7 3.0TDi V6 known issues? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    60k on my S-tronic, no issues to date.
    Audi A6 (C7) 3.0 TDI S Line Quattro 245 Daytona Grey Sep 2013 -
    Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TDI SE 143 Lava Grey 2008 - 2013

0 0 0

6. Re: C7 3.0TDi V6 known issues? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    I've attached the info I've been able to find on this car I'm considering buying. It's a 2014 3.0TDi Allroad. I'm just wondering if this car has cambelt or camchain and if it's a belt what the replacement interval is?

also, I've heard about "DPF issues" - what are the issues and will they be present on this car? Thanks!
    Attached Images

0 0 0

7. Re: C7 3.0TDi V6 known issues? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    To my knowledge all of the V6 engines are cam chain and have a very long service life - 180 - 200k miles. The cam chain is at the back of the engine so it's an engine out job to change (from what I understand).

The 201bhp allroad that you are looking at is the least powerful... it is s-Tronic 7 speed (so 38k oil changes) but you may find it a bit lacklustre after your 3.2 FSI. I test drove one and felt it performed very close to my old 3.0 Tdi quattro 225bhp avant. Not surprising 'cos it weighs 10% or so less.

DPF - Diesel Particulate Filter. An extra blob of emissions control hardware in diesel exhausts that captures micro particles of soot.. when it is "full" the car initiates a DPF regeneration (regen) to burn off the soot. You can tell when it is happening 'cos the car holds lower gears - and if you park up you hear what sounds like the radiator fan running and it can smell hot. Straggely enough the 2.0Tdi Avant Ultra relief car I had today was trying to do a regen with only 3700 miles on the clock.

DPFs don't like lots of short trips as the regen never completes... it can only continue when there is lots of heat in the exhaust manifold. If you do regular long trips then not an issue. Also if you park up (e.g. at home) and it is apparent it is doing a regen then, time permitting, get back in, stick it in sport mode and go for a 20 minute drive (it's what I do). You can tell when it's done because the car will select top gear at the right point - on my 8 gear BiTdi that is around 60 MPH.. when a regen is happening it holds 7th at that speed. I'd guess a 7 speed s-Tronic would hold 6th at 60 MPH until it had cleared its throat.

If you repeatedly allow the regen to not complete then the theory is that the DPF can gets clogged up.... simply cannot be cleared out. That requires a replacement (££££) or there are companies around that claim they can sort them. I assume they remove the DPF and manhandle it with heat / hot pokers whatever.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 1 0

8. Re: C7 3.0TDi V6 known issues? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Thanks ukgroucho for that awesome answer. I don't make a lot of long trips in fact - don't drive very far at all as I work from home. My ideal car is the one I've already got because I really don't want a diesel to be honest, but finding petrol A6 quattros or allroads is like picking hens teeth. And then when you find one and buy it, you find out about the camchain tensioner issues which blight the 3.2FSI and are the reason I'm having to part with mine

Now I understand better about DPF I'd better try harder to find a C7 petrol A6 Quattro.

1 0 0

9. Re: C7 3.0TDi V6 known issues? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    I work from home as well.. occasional long trip of 100+ miles.

Hence the "if it's doing a regen then let it finish" regime.
    Working for me right now... 45k and counting.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

10. Re: C7 3.0TDi V6 known issues? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 54A4Avant View Post
    Thanks ukgroucho for that awesome answer. I don't make a lot of long trips in fact - don't drive very far at all as I work from home. My ideal car is the one I've already got because I really don't want a diesel to be honest, but finding petrol A6 quattros or allroads is like picking hens teeth. And then when you find one and buy it, you find out about the camchain tensioner issues which blight the 3.2FSI and are the reason I'm having to part with mine

Now I understand better about DPF I'd better try harder to find a C7 petrol A6 Quattro.
    An S6 could be the answer if you aren't doing many miles. The other petrol engines are all early as they stopped them until recently.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast