1. My VPower Challenge 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Thought I'd give any initial thoughts to VPower vs Supermarket Diesel.

The Q has been running on Supermarket stuff since day one which is surprising as the old S used to get the Shell stuff back in the day.

Car has now covered just under 11k miles so safe to say 10k on Supermarket Diesel & now last 900 miles on two VPower tanks.

So the difference?

Purposely made sure the journeys have been the same / similar. The daily work commute and the weekend motorway run when required.

Supermarket fuel prob gave me a range of 430miles and first VPower gave me the same BUT this included moving 8miles in 60mins.

Second tank would have given around 450-460 miles.

The economy is therefore better - motorway now regularly seeing over 40mpg vs hardly ever seeing 40mpg.

Daily commute has increased also but the biggest thing I have noticed is the smoothness of acceleration especially from 1st - car was staring to sound a little diesely if that makes sense but now hardly a whips of it.

Does the extra £10 / tank make financial sense? Not sure need to work that one out but for smoothness alone my gut says yes

Said I'd give it 5 tanks and decide...

0 2 0

2. Re: My VPower Challenge 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Open to debate, but I would like to think the Vpower additives provide better lubrication for your CR high pressure pump as well, and having to replace that prematurely would wipe out any 10 quid / tank saving.
    I tend to fill up every other fill with the fancy stuff in my old PD engine and it does seem to drive better and slightly better mpg.

0 3 0

3. Re: My VPower Challenge 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I never use anything else but V-Power petrol and diesel, if you value your vehicle and intend on keeping it makes good sense, it is the best fuel you can buy.
    You`ll find that DPF equipped vehicles regenerate less.
    Audi A6 AllRoad 2.5tdi (sold) Golf mk5 2.0 Gttdi 4 motion (sold)
    Jaguar S type 2.7d Sport (sold)Golf mk4 1.9 Gttdi (sold)
    Audi A6 1.9 Sport (sold)
    Golf mk6 GTD (sold)
    Golf mk7 GTD

0 0 0

4. Re: My VPower Challenge 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Carry on punishing your pocket , you can cheaply add the extra lubricity , cetane , detergents and dispersants to supermarket derv with 2 Stroke oil.

0 0 0

5. Re: My VPower Challenge 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Carry on punishing your pocket , you can cheaply add the extra lubricity , cetane , detergents and dispersants to supermarket derv with 2 Stroke oil.
    Keep on believing that my friend, no doubt you will add some lubricity and detergents I know because I used it myself many moons ago.
    Great for old diesel motors but modern DPF common rail stuff with very high pressure pumps and injectors nah ! (hey two stroke oil isn`t cheap anyway )
    Audi A6 1.9 Sport (sold)
    Golf mk6 GTD (sold)
    Golf mk7 GTD

0 0 0

6. Re: My VPower Challenge 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    80p per 65 L is cheap !

0 0 0

7. Re: My VPower Challenge 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    80p per 65 L is cheap !
    Yep, if your happy keep using it bud
    Audi A6 1.9 Sport (sold)
    Golf mk6 GTD (sold)
    Golf mk7 GTD

0 0 0

8. Re: My VPower Challenge 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I'm not being funny but you guys are talking about your Q7/SQ7 right not your R8's? Their was a time no doubt where the added detergents et all would make a small difference but with modern engines I'm betting if you put 100k on the clock of 2 car's one feed only Tesco standard diesel the other VPower's finest then stripped them, an engineer would struggle so spot which was which.

0 0 0

9. Re: My VPower Challenge 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muumipeikko View Post
    I'm not being funny but you guys are talking about your Q7/SQ7 right not your R8's? Their was a time no doubt where the added detergents et all would make a small difference but with modern engines I'm betting if you put 100k on the clock of 2 car's one feed only Tesco standard diesel the other VPower's finest then stripped them, an engineer would struggle so spot which was which.
    Really needs Auto Bild to test that theory!

0 1 0