Notices

User Tag List

Thread: RCD310 - USB and Bluetooth options?

1. RCD310 - USB and Bluetooth options? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys

Recently bough a 2009 Passat Highline DSG and love it apart from the standard RCD310 stereo has no USB reader or Bluetooth connectivity.

I would like to be able to:

• Play music (MP3) from a USB stick
    • Stream audio from my android phone

What options are available?

I've seen threads about USB and Bluetooth cables, but many of these seem confusing. Is the Xcarlink a worthwhile option?

I would consider a new aftermarket stereo, as long as it kept the parking sensor function.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

0 0 0

2. Re: RCD310 - USB and Bluetooth options? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I have a golf mk6 with factory fitted RCD310 and although it says you have Bluetooth option you need to know if cars comes with Bluetooth box its usually under passenger seat if you have box under passenger seat you may have chance of Bluetooth music from mob to car stereo. Do you have MDI connection with cable between front seats just behind handbrake

Sent from my P8 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: RCD310 - USB and Bluetooth options? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carmine View Post
    I have a golf mk6 with factory fitted RCD310 and although it says you have Bluetooth option you need to know if cars comes with Bluetooth box its usually under passenger seat if you have box under passenger seat you may have chance of Bluetooth music from mob to car stereo. Do you have MDI connection with cable between front seats just behind handbrake
    Hi Carmine

Unfortunately no bluetooth under the seat, and no MDI either. I have an Aux socket in my armrest, on the passat the MDI I think is usually in the glove box and it's just not there!

0 0 0

4. Re: RCD310 - USB and Bluetooth options? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    In my golf I too had no Bluetooth box under passenger seat so in my golf in arm rest is MDI connection so bought cheap lead off of famous auction site and MDI to USB and downloaded all my favourite music onto USB stick select media on head until and done all plays well. Although I would like to keep factory stereo with parking sensor screen ect but be able to use Bluetooth from my android mob

Sent from my P8 using Tapatalk

0 0 0