1. Audi connect? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry for the newbie questions, I'm not up to speed on this tech loaded beast.
    Can someone explain in simple terms *** Audi connect is/does and the sim slot?
    I've managed to get my iphone6s Bluetooth connected and disabled bt streaming.
    Then connected my old tune2air to give my music from phone
    2014 model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 3.0 tdi le mans : Hybrid turbo decat : miltek etc : 330-350 bhp : 450-500lbsft

Visibility pack. Adaptive xenon, Privacy glass. Bose surround. Dvd nav. Comms pack, led plate lights.
    Miltek, custom map,hybrid turbo, decat improved airflow to intercoolers.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi connect? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I updated my firmware and maps from 2012 to 2017 for free using info on another Audi forum. This updated my Audi Connect which I was able to activate by emailing Audi. I now have live traffic updates when navigating and can also get local fuel prices, weather and raincloud info like I get with my 'RainAlarm' smartphone app. There's a Audi video that explains it:

https://www.myaudiconnect.com/#/user/login
    Audi Connect - Audi UK
    RIP my trusty Passat 2003 V6 4Motion Estate (BRC LPG) you served me well until I let you down and crunched you.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi connect? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    So can you use your iPhone data through the car or do you have a sim in the car sim slot?

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi connect? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Also how did you update maps?

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi connect? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shab2015 View Post
    So can you use your iPhone data through the car or do you have a sim in the car sim slot?

It's hard to explain but by Bluetooth you connect your phone either as hands-free or as a phone where the data is used by the navigation system ie, I can listen to streamed music via Bluetooth but don't have data for the nav, or I have data for the nav and then the phone can't access the Internet because the car is using the sim instead.

The suggested idea is to get a separate data sim which is also used as the Audi mobile hotspot.
    RIP my trusty Passat 2003 V6 4Motion Estate (BRC LPG) you served me well until I let you down and crunched you.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi connect? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    So do you have to physically put the sim into the car or can you leave the sim in the phone.

Problem I have is that I can connect my iPhone via Bluetooth and can take calls and stream music. However cannot work out how to run the data through it. Ultimately I don’t want two sims

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi connect? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    1. Connect 'As Phone': You leave the sim in the phone and connect via Bluetooth. Phone apps like Google Maps or Spotify can't use the sim data but the nav unit can get live traffic updates.
    2. Connect 'Hands Free': You leave the sim in the phone and connect via Bluetooth. You can listen to Spotify via your phone app but the nav unit won't be able to download traffic data.
    3. Second sim in slot: You can receive live traffic updates and set up a mobile hotspot. You can simultaneously connect your phone via Bluetooth as 'Hands Free' to listen to Spotify.

You can take phone calls via car for all 3 options.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi connect? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by limecc View Post
    1. Connect 'As Phone': You leave the sim in the phone and connect via Bluetooth. Phone apps like Google Maps or Spotify can't use the sim data but the nav unit can get live traffic updates.
    2. Connect 'Hands Free': You leave the sim in the phone and connect via Bluetooth. You can listen to Spotify via your phone app but the nav unit won't be able to download traffic data.
    3. Second sim in slot: You can receive live traffic updates and set up a mobile hotspot. You can simultaneously connect your phone via Bluetooth as 'Hands Free' to listen to Spotify.

You can take phone calls via car for all 3 options.
    Interesting....When I had a data sim in the slot, it disabled the bluetooth phone pairing so no calls but streaming worked, any ideas why? Ours is a 2012 if that makes any difference.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi connect? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinoman_js View Post
    Interesting....When I had a data sim in the slot, it disabled the bluetooth phone pairing so no calls but streaming worked, any ideas why? Ours is a 2012 if that makes any difference.
    Hi,

Simultaneous bluetooth connection and data from the in-dash sim was not possible originally - the car's software wouldn't support it. Audi introduced this feature in (I think) late 2013. I had a 2012 A6 with the old software, and managed to get Audi to update the MMI to a newer version of the software that supports simultaneous connections.

iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix - Page 5

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi connect? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    Hi,

Simultaneous bluetooth connection and data from the in-dash sim was not possible originally - the car's software wouldn't support it. Audi introduced this feature in (I think) late 2013. I had a 2012 A6 with the old software, and managed to get Audi to update the MMI to a newer version of the software that supports simultaneous connections.

iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix - Page 5

Cheers!

MF.
    I thought it was a software bug that was fixed in the latest releases? Anyway after the update Me and Mrs can simultaneously have our phones bluetoothed to the car. Mine might provide Internet for the nav and hers would provide the music streaming.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast