Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    It comes out of the box and down the passenger's side of the tunnel. I get A8's with blocked AC systems quite a lot, you can hear the water sloshing around inside when driving, but not the A4.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi B7 A4 Flooded Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That sounds like what's mine doing can hear it sloshing about then ****** in through drivers footwell, mine is a b6 a4 tho

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi B7 A4 Flooded Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    It could be that water got into the heater box and could not drain due to a blockage, access the drain and check it. DO NOT blow back into the unit, use a vacuum pump or soft poking implement if it is blocked, blowing back just means it will get blocked again.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi B7 A4 Flooded Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Heavy rain is not mentioned, so assume it may be the air con drain.
    The old A6 has it hidden behind the insulation material material on lh bulkhead,it may have an inspection U shaped slot cut out.
    The drain is a rubber unit that works like a ducks a but it can seal itself,thus allowing water in to foot well,normally on lhs.

0 0 0

5. Re: A4 big leak into drivers footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Wish I could help mate, same sort of problem. Not as severe a leak as yours appears but enough to drench the drivers footwell and make the electrics go haywire. Battery out and 'popped out' the grommets but that area seemed dry anyway? Steeling myself to taking out Passenger seat and carpet to investigate the 'inconvenience control module' apparently the usual suspect? Chasing frigging shadows, but still unsure where the cause, ie the water has been getting in. (doesn't smell like coolant).

0 0 0

6. Re: A4 big leak into drivers footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Check the cover against the screen and over the pollen filter, water can drip onto the filter and straight into the heater duct. One thing, it is not a good idea to remove the drain bungs, they are also one way valves that prevent fumes from the engine bay entering the heater intake.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi B7 A4 Flooded Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi, i had the same problem with my a4 on the passenger side. After having already checked all the drains in the sunroof and under the battery the first time around. It started happening again so first I cleared the a/c condensation drain (remove door trim, pull back the carpet and loosen the panel in the middle on the side on the console so i could pull it back. Locate the funnel shaped drain which has a hose that goes to the bottom of the footwell, located kinda behind the middle console right at the back top of the footwell ) and with an air compressor short blasts both up into the plastic funnel and down the line. (See next post for additional test and issue found which finally seems to have solved the problem for me!).

Then a little while later I found a small amount water still coming in and by chance one day I noticed the plastic thing that runs along the bottom of the windshield was not fixed onto the windshield properly...Sorry i don't know what the piece is called but it should kinda lock in the ridge snugly into the bottom of the windshield.
    Hope that helps!

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi B7 A4 Flooded Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just remembered important another piece!!! The lines were full of crap but it still wasn't quite fixed...

The hose from the a/c condensation funnel to the floor had a small crack/tear right near the top where it attached to the funnel. Found it after blasting the line and drying up all the water. I put a piece of paper towel along the hose to see if it got wet again and I cranked the a/c. The line was defo clear as eventually water started pouring out under the car rather than dripping. I looked at the paper towel and it was getting wet again. So after drying again and watching the hose i finally saw where the slow drip was coming down the tubing. Taped it up and it was good to go.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi B7 A4 Flooded Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Very helpful information,persistence always pays, and sharing the information is appreciated.

0 0 0

10. Re: A4 big leak into drivers footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheeera77 View Post
    by chance one day I noticed the plastic thing that runs along the bottom of the windshield was not fixed onto the windshield properly...Sorry i don't know what the piece is called but it should kinda lock in the ridge snugly into the bottom of the windshield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Check the cover against the screen and over the pollen filter, water can drip onto the filter and straight into the heater duct
    The water deflector, part number 8E2 819 403 A 01C £21.60 genuine Audi

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12