Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Clue is in the title really.

should I buy a 9 month old, 5000mile market introduction spec SQ7 (huge spec - dynamic pack, sports seats, trailer, rear seat entertainment, pan roof, tour, parking, matrix etc etc)

or

or a brand new 272 diesel Q7 specced with just about everything I want on it.

both come to ~ £70k.

SQ7 pros
    - nearly £100k car that has already taken a big hit
    - 4litre V8
    - near perfect spec
    - ultimate sleeper car
    - previous tax bracket (small beans in know)

SQ7 cons
    - only 26months of warranty left
    - cost of running?
    - extravagant?
    - need to buy 22" wheels for it. Will use existing 21's as winter set

q7 pros
    - exact spec and colour
    - first owner
    - 4 years of warranty
    - 'sensible'
    - cheaper to own and run

q7 cons
    - bigger depreciation curve
    - new tax bracket (more expensive than my old GT4!)
    - feels expensive beside Sq7
    - it's not an SQ7
    - too sensible?

Discuss!

0 0 0

2. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not much to discuss... At the same price and I suppose being available right away... The only if would be comparing to the TFSI otherwise is surely a....:

SQ7

0 0 0

3. £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    First world problems - love it!

My last 4 cars have been brand new, I loved that new car feeling and the exact spec I wanted. My latest is an ex-demo Q7 272.

It's not the colour I would have chosen and it's missing a couple of options I would have maybe specced myself but it was a fantastic spec for the money (and 2K on the clock).

My experience of warranty support on previous cars (2 Audi, 2 fast Fords) has been that anything went wrong in the first 18 months and anything warranty related that went wrong much later was still honoured after a well worded email.

I would plump for the SQ7, enjoy it and use the tax difference to offset the fuel.

Depending on the type of driving you do (and the weight of your right foot) the tax difference may cover the difference in fuel.

Insurance is another consideration, but I'm doubting a transition from a GT4 is going to keep you awake at night.

If you love your car, get the car you can love.

Whatever you choose, it's a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Interesting...£100k new SQ must literally have everything! 5k miles is nothing - is it via Audi dealers or private?

Depends what you want from the car...

If you want the extra power and pull - SQ, but the normal Q isn't bad at all.

Need someone like @maxw to come on to this as he's gone from the Q to the SQ.

Inside - we all want the SQ...nice choice and decision to be able to make

0 0 0

5. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I'd go with the SQ without a doubt, great price.

The SQ has a shorter warranty than the Q?

0 0 0

6. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Just specced it from new on coast2coast - £95k before discount, so about £87k with. Still at £70k with 5k miles, it's taken a fair hit already.

Definitely a first world problem...

0 1 0

7. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Warranty onl shorter than new q7 because SQ7 is 9 months old already.

0 0 0

8. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    If the sq7 has every you you want or can live without the ones it dosent have then it's an easy choice. sq7!
    Audi will sell you a 4th or even 5th year warrently just before your 3 year one runs out. It will be more than buying new with car and you probably wont take it up but...
    The wheels will pose more of a problem if you can't live with the ones on the car, including the rubber unless you can find a garage looking to get rid of a set you are probably looking at over 6k.

One thing, are you sure you did the maths right on the sq7 list price? It seems unlikely Audi are going to take a 30k hit on this car when it you.look on the web site, 70k less than a year only gets you a car with list closer to 80k.
    Finally I hope you are not comparing sq7 hand price with q7 list price. you should get at least 10% off list price.

0 0 0

9. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    The car is 95k list as per spec, so in reality, the price is £25k depreciation in 9 months (from list). Best Coast2coast quote gives 10% off, so in reality, car has lost £17k in 9 months from best discounted price. I'm sure it still has lots to lose, but then, so would the new Q7, especially at the spec I have chosen.

i can get the 22" wheels for £4.5k, and Pirelli rubber for £195 per corner, so an extra £5.3 for the 22" star spoke alloys. The Coast2coast quote above does not include the 22" wheels, which I would spec from new.

0 0 0

10. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I would call them first thing tomorrow to put a deposit down then a bargain like that isn't going to hang around long

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast