1. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    9 months old + 26 months of warranty left = 35 months of warranty for SQ?

48 month for Q.

0 0 0

2. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    U.K. Standard warranty is 36 months.

1 0 0

3. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Been there, done that .
    I was in exactly the same situation with a high mileage A6 looking at a new Q7, then the dealer demonstrator SQ7s suddenly started appearing as approved used. All were exactly the same (very high) spec but varied in colour and price - in fact there was a 10 grand difference between all the dealers in the south west.
    After worrying about running costs and warranty I went for the SQ7 and am loving it. I did wonder why they all had the 21" tornado wheels on them as I would have preferred something else but I think those were exclusive to the SQ7 at the time and now I quite like them.
    Driving it daily I'm seeing around 30 - 33 mpg on a 45 mile each way commute mainly on A roads and this is bearing in mind I'm still relatively new to it so taking the opportunity to open it up in dynamic mode every now and again just to feel the push and hear the noise. OK, I'm biased but I would say go for the SQ7, It'll put a smile on your face every time you start it. Don't get too excited about the rear seat entertainment though.

0 0 0

4. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    OK - I've done it and gone for the SQ7. Collect on friday. Anybody got good insurance tips? So far Privilege seem the most competitive, but still expensive (much like almost everything with this car)

0 1 0

5. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I was pleasantly surprised by my insurance quote and that is with NFU Mutual so I would recommend getting a quote from them. It depends on your circumstances but in my case there is a rather hefty excess on the SQ7 if it's stolen and I am the wrong side of 59.

0 0 0

6. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyL View Post
    OK - I've done it and gone for the SQ7. Collect on friday. Anybody got good insurance tips? So far Privilege seem the most competitive, but still expensive (much like almost everything with this car)
    Congrats on the new SQ7 your really love it
    as for insurance I ensure mine through aviva and also since I done mine quite a few on here followed my route and was really pleased

when getting the quote you must do the online insurance as this is cheaper doing it all online

when you Collect the new SQ7 as it was a demo go over the paintwork with a fine tooth comb for any marks

hope above helps or any questions just ask

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

7. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    So, a week into SQ7 ownership and I am totally delighted with my choice. No regrets cancelling the 272 order whatsoever. The car is a weapon and monsters B roads in a way no SUV should. 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) gear overtakes are very rapid and he four wheel steering is a fantastic feature making the car responsive and a doddle to park as well.
    I've even grown to like the 21" tornados, but they will be my winter set and I'll put the new 22" on in the spring.
    Its one of the few Floret silver Q7's around, but the launch spec is perfect for me and I couldn't be happier. The 40.5mpg drive to Belfast from London last week was a pleasant surprise as well. There are a few idiosyncrasies I'm still trying to work out with the MMI, but I'm already completely smitten with this bonkers car.

0 3 0

8. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    So, a week into SQ7 ownership and I am totally delighted with my choice. No regrets cancelling the 272 order whatsoever. The car is a weapon and monsters B roads in a way no SUV should. 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) gear overtakes are very rapid and he four wheel steering is a fantastic feature making the car responsive and a doddle to park as well.
    I've even grown to like the 21" tornados, but they will be my winter set and I'll put the new 22" on in the spring.
    Its one of the few Floret silver Q7's around, but the launch spec is perfect for me and I couldn't be happier. The 40.5mpg drive to Belfast from London last week was a pleasant surprise as well. There are a few idiosyncrasies I'm still trying to work out with the MMI, but I'm already completely smitten with this bonkers car.
    Glad you like it and happy

I've owned a Q7 272 for a year from march 2016 till April 2017 when I brought a new sq7

The Q7 and SQ7 both had the same spec or very near
    Apart from the sports pack that you can only get with the SQ7 the old Q7 still had air ride and rear wheel steer

For me the active anti roll and lim slip diff makes the car
    With out it would of just been my older Q7 with a faster engine and more noise

The active anti roll is a must have and transform a already good ride and handling car to a car that sticks to the road loves corning and so much less body roll

Also as you already stated the SQ7 on normal trips with out planting your foot to heavy is not only as good on MPG but better
    Not sure how a 4L V8 triple turbo 435bhp can be better on fuel than a 3L V6 272bhp I was so worried it would be worse but def on runs it's better prob not if your around town planting ya foot at the lights

The other plus side is I get so many comments on how nice the car looks I get people walk by in the street I even had people on a main duel carriageway at 70mph glacé at the car as they pass and guy on motorbike looked round nodded and put his thumb up
    Things like that make you smile even more

So glad your liking the car once you had it a while you will like it even more as your be more relaxed driving it and as you say getting to grip with the MMI will make the drive even more a pleasure

One thing that I'm surprised about is in dynamic mode the car does the same if not more mpg than in eco mode
    And comfort seems the worst

Both cars was great but the SQ7 is that bit better and def has a bigger smile factor

M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

9. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Agree the Dynamic pack makes the car. The way it corners flat is laugh out loud entertaining.
    I find comfort is the worst for MPG, but haven't tried dynamic much yet. I find efficiency has the suspension set too hard which is annoying and so I find myself in Auto or Individual most of the time.

The economy compared to the V6 is amazing. The V6 demo I had struggled to get above 30 mpg. This SQ7 can do it without really trying.

0 1 0

10. Re: £70k - used SQ7 or new Q7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Agree the Dynamic pack makes the car. The way it corners flat is laugh out loud entertaining.
    I find comfort is the worst for MPG, but haven't tried dynamic much yet. I find efficiency has the suspension set too hard which is annoying and so I find myself in Auto or Individual most of the time.

The economy compared to the V6 is amazing. The V6 demo I had struggled to get above 30 mpg. This SQ7 can do it without really trying.
    The fuel economy of the Q7 is one thing which amazes me BUT when you are in a 2 ton family car at a red traffic light and some lads are next to you in a BMW Coupe reving it up and the second lights go green you leave them for dead... I don't care about fuel economy, I just have a massive smile on my face

0 2 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast