Hi all!

I have a 2005 A4 B7 with the 2.0 TDI engine and Multitronic transmission. I bought the car used from my uncle last year. I love the multitronic (when it works as it should), but I have this strange behaviour randomly ever since I got the car and it's annoying the hell out of me now. Sometimes when I start the car and get going, it feels like the gearbox behaves like it thinks I'm driving on an incline, or pushing the accelerator very much. It just keeps the revs high constantly (2000-2200 RPM) and only goes to a higher ratio if I barely even touch the gas pedal. Even then, it just slooowly puts a higher ratio that's suitable for cruising at the given speed. If I push on the gas just a tad bit more, it instantly goes back to high RPMs, it just feels super sensitive if that makes sense. I can use Tiptronic (manual) mode without issues, but when I put lever back in "D", the gearbox suddenly puts a low "gear" and revs shoot up to 2000+ RPM. If I do this on the highway while going 130 km/h in "gear" 7, then I put it in D, it again puts a low ratio and the revs skyrocket to almost 3000 RPM and slooowly climb back down to 2300-2400, again, only if I'm just barely touching the gas. Now, I can fix this problem when it happens. If I stop and shut down the car, then start it again, the problem is gone. The gearbox behaves as it should and it's perfectly drivable. Gearbox oil was changed 4 months ago, gearbox ECU was repaired at the same time because of intermittent PRNDS flashing and random switching to Sport mode without moving the gear selector. Since then, every other gearbox issue is gone, I get no PRNDS flashing or any other anomalies except the above described one. This makes me think the problem is outside the gearbox. I'm thinking some kind of sensor that is part of calculating the engine load that the gearbox works with, but no fault codes anywhere. I'm running out of ideas here. If I don't restart the car, sometimes it fixes itself while running, after 30-40 minutes.

Any help and ideas in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.