1. 2.0tdi bkd ml5 golf juddering badly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone I'm new here so don't know if this is in the right section or not but I'm having really bad problems with my golf 2005 2.0tdi gttdi 140,
    What's happening is when I'm driving the car at engine temperature there is a bad judder between 1000-2500 revs and sometimes just cuts out, this happenes in all gears and I've been to several garages and they all have said something different! The car runs beautiful when cold but as soon as the engine gets to 90degrees it's judders splutters and kangaroos, and then on the odd occasion it will cut out and the glow plug light will flash and say engine garage fault,the eml light is never on but I've had it plugged in and it's giving a code p0726 as a pending code? Can someone point me in the right direction of getting this sorted please
    Last edited by Crasher; 07-08-2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Moved to correct section

0 0 0

2. Re: 2.0tdi bkd ml5 golf juddering badly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    That code suggests the engine speed sensor is faulty and this is a known issue. Unfortunately these are evil to replace as firstly the oil filter assembly must be removed and the the hex cap screw for the sensor released and this has to be done at an angle using a ball ended (usually 5-mm) hex key.

If the head of the screw rounds out, the only solution is gearbox out and clutch/flywheel off and if the sensor ring gets damaged that is sump off and a special very expensive jig to re-install the seal in its correct position. It is a job we dread doing.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

3. Re: 2.0tdi bkd ml5 golf juddering badly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    That code suggests the engine speed sensor is faulty and this is a known issue. Unfortunately these are evil to replace as firstly the oil filter assembly must be removed and the the hex cap screw for the sensor released and this has to be done at an angle using a ball ended (usually 5-mm) hex key.

If the head of the screw rounds out, the only solution is gearbox out and clutch/flywheel off and if the sensor ring gets damaged that is sump off and a special very expensive jig to re-install the seal in its correct position. It is a job we dread doing.

Why do they have to change tried and tested designs, clearly this isn't because it's better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: 2.0tdi bkd ml5 golf juddering badly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by calum View Post
    Why do they have to change tried and tested designs, clearly this isn't because it's better
    higher resolution signal for more accurate engine management than the old 60-2 method
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: 2.0tdi bkd ml5 golf juddering badly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    higher resolution signal for more accurate engine management than the old 60-2 method
    That's fair enough, progress and all that but why integrate it with the rear crank seal, just seems like madness to me.

0 0 0

6. Re: 2.0tdi bkd ml5 golf juddering badly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    It is the same technology as current ABS speed sensors and uses a ferrous ring, it is a good question WHY which I can't answer but my guess is build cost, repair cost ones well down the list.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: 2.0tdi bkd ml5 golf juddering badly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I will see if I can find a VAG Self Study Program that explains it, there should be a few that cover the principle.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: 2.0tdi bkd ml5 golf juddering badly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    Think its in the introduction to the bkd 140 engine that ssp

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: 2.0tdi bkd ml5 golf juddering badly 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    I will see if I can find a VAG Self Study Program that explains it, there should be a few that cover the principle.
    It's the fact that there is so much more work involved IF the sensor won't come out. How many garages would also advise a new clutch when the gearbox is out anyway. It would be prudent but not everyone with a ten year old
    + car would be willing or even able to throw more money at it due to a pennies part that's badly designed.

0 0 0