Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Bluefin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Bluefin 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Has anyone on the forum tried a Bluefin on their car?
    I used one many years ago on a Mondeo ST and was very happy with it.
    I am drawn to the fact that I can remove the tune for servicing work (Supechips claim it is 100% undetectable when removed).
    My only other concern is will the DSG box be OK with the increased torque? They claim 400nm (up 62nm)

Bluefin FAQs

0 0 0

2. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    AFAIK Audi can detect all remaps due to the TD1 flag, so if you have a warranty I wouldn't recommend it. If you've no warranty go for it, any review I've read was great.
    I've been thinking of doing it myself, but always chicken out because it's a bit pricey, and I'm worried about damaging something.

0 0 0

3. Re: Bluefin 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    The reason it attracted me was the fact the car is still under warranty and the reversibility of the tune.
    May have to give it some more thought if it flags up in the ECU.

0 0 0

4. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, the remap is reversible but the TD1 flag is not, except when Audi complete the software update. It won't completely void the warranty, the fault would have to be connected to the modification, but it's very easy to argue that an engine remap is responsible for most things that could break on the engine/drivetrain. Not worth it really.

0 0 0

5. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    It's gamble but bluefin/superchip offers a warranty if their remap buggers your car.

0 0 0

6. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    How much proof do you need to provide that the remap caused the problem though? It'd be hard to pin down I think. You'd either be trying to convince Audi that the remap didn't cause the problem, or convince bluefin that it did, either way it seems like hassle.

0 1 0

7. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    There's not many that offer a kind of indefinite warranty. Bluefin offers a warranty if Audi doesn't pay up and I think there's limits.
    Abt and mtm have something similar. That's why these are pretty expensive compared some other tuning boxes/remaps.
    It's the risk when you play about with something.
    I've got a year or so left of warranty and I've been looking at options. Mtm is £1200 but there's a warranty as long as it's still under manufacturers warranty.
    My biggest worry is the gearbox as the dsg isn't that strong compared to the zf boxes.

0 0 0

8. Re: Bluefin 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    The gearbox was the second part of my question. Is it the same unit used in other, more powerful Audis?

0 0 0

9. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Bluefin only offer the warranty as long as your car is still under the manufactures warranty. Any failures after your warranty has expired and you are on your own

It has to be a seriously bad remap to give you any engine troubles. Even then the engine has some levels of protection in order to help save itself

if you are worried about what a remap can do then don't bother. Just remember that things go wrong even without a remap so you may as well enjoy the extra performance and improved drivability it can offer you

0 0 0

10. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripletrouble View Post
    The gearbox was the second part of my question. Is it the same unit used in other, more powerful Audis?
    I think it's a DL501 derivative of the s-Tronic so good for 600nM.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast