Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    hi...

you don't say which engine you have, but afaik the quattro has the dl501 or newer dl382-7q and the fwd has the dl382-7f. and then theres the ultra quattro dl382 which can shift between for and quattro.

B9 S Tronic vs. MK7 DSG - Page 3 - AudiWorld Forums

0 0 0

2. Re: Bluefin 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    I have a 2L 2wd TDi

0 0 0

3. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MC09PJC View Post
    hi...

you don't say which engine you have, but afaik the quattro has the dl501 or newer dl382-7q and the fwd has the dl382-7f. and then theres the ultra quattro dl382 which can shift between for and quattro.

B9 S Tronic vs. MK7 DSG - Page 3 - AudiWorld Forums
    How can you tell which box is in your car without looking at the box itself?
    I have the 272. If it's the dl501 then factory torque already exceeds the 550nm max.

0 0 0

4. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    The S6 also uses the DSG and has 550Nm as standard.

As for warranty, I would seriously consider ABT as they work with Audi and covers your car when Audi does not. Certainly so in Germany but I suspect different markets have different rules. ABT is also hugely expensive.

As for trouble after a tune. Been there, done that. Had a 2011 F11 535d tuned. Main computer failed. Bmw refused to pay up. Cost me €3k! But I am ot convinced it was the tune as this particular car had so many issues I could fill an A4! Steering rack x2, leaking windows, rear box faulty x2, broken down twice (once before tune), slow and very thirsty (+30% on manufacturers figures)....tested, down on power but Bmw told me I was wrong etc etc etc. Never again!

But, as said above, if out of warranty go for it. If still in, consider your options carefully.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

5. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Hi,

I've had Bluefin installed on my 64 plate A6 Allroad 245PS model for 23months now. I went with Bluefin due to being able to remove the map and re-install as the car is still under Audi warranty.

I've towed with the car across Europe, taken it on the Nurburgring for 5 laps and generally given it a good thrash as most car enthusiasts do when it's safe to do so. Not once had a gearbox issue occur but the car did go into Audi and have the right front wheel bearing replaced under warranty so I removed the map and some VCDS settings, took it in for the work and then applied them all when I arrived home after collecting the car.

The Bluefin map increases were also confirmed when I took the car to a local garage with a chassis dyno and both power and torque were slightly higher than Superchips advised. However, varying dynos and conditions do have different readings.

All in, happy i chose Bluefin.

I had a cheaper map option applied to the wifes Honda CRV and the garage had to remove the ECU, re-solder bits and bobs 3 times as each previous run resulted in less than advertised results. This took a full day to perform so the garage lost out but they were true to their word of price and results to be gained so credit to them.

0 1 0

6. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playasyougo View Post
    Hi,

I've had Bluefin installed on my 64 plate A6 Allroad 245PS model for 23months now. I went with Bluefin due to being able to remove the map and re-install as the car is still under Audi warranty.

I've towed with the car across Europe, taken it on the Nurburgring for 5 laps and generally given it a good thrash as most car enthusiasts do when it's safe to do so. Not once had a gearbox issue occur but the car did go into Audi and have the right front wheel bearing replaced under warranty so I removed the map and some VCDS settings, took it in for the work and then applied them all when I arrived home after collecting the car.

The Bluefin map increases were also confirmed when I took the car to a local garage with a chassis dyno and both power and torque were slightly higher than Superchips advised. However, varying dynos and conditions do have different readings.

All in, happy i chose Bluefin.

I had a cheaper map option applied to the wifes Honda CRV and the garage had to remove the ECU, re-solder bits and bobs 3 times as each previous run resulted in less than advertised results. This took a full day to perform so the garage lost out but they were true to their word of price and results to be gained so credit to them.
    What power/torque did your 245 make?
    Particularly interested in the torque figure as that the only thing that matter and the thing that will break the dsg box.
    Been looking at this for a while for my 272, bluefin was one of my choices but the 272 is still in development, BSR and abt was the others I've been looking at. Abt is the most expensive one but has a similar warranty to bluefin.

0 0 0

7. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I don't have the figures to hand but I remember both the power and torque being between 5 and 10 of the stated figures on Superchips page. Checking just now it shows an increase of 45hp (287hp total) and 142nm (642nm total or 473lb ft)

0 0 0

8. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    A6S, I personally wouldn’t risk it unless there was some way to only raise the bhp. Before you even think about it I would get a session on a dyno to get a rough idea what you have already. It would also stop me pestering you to get it done I get the impression from reviews and articles that Audi are extremely conservative when providing output stats and 0-60 times etc. I just hope they do the same with the S-Tronic as the 245 box is only Rated to 600nm.

Playasyougo, did you get a dyno done when the car was standard?

1 1 0

9. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Yes, the car had 3 power runs in total. 1 to check the standard figures which were all good and the other 2 were power runs with Bluefin applied and the average figures taken I beleive. The dyno operator commented that both standard and Bluefin were running healthy.

I've also read about the box ratings and I would take their rating with a pinch of salt. I work in motorsport and I've see many sequential gearboxes rated for x amount of kilometres and x amount of torque but most, if not all, well exceed it and then some.

The only thing I will do with my Audi is the same as the race cars and that's change the fluid as often as possible.

0 0 0

10. Re: Bluefin 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    When you say they were all good, do you mean they were at the official figures?

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast