Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi all,

Looking at A6 estate's in Austria and have found the usual bunch of 2ltrs, 2.7 and 3.0ltrs. My budget is around 7-11euros for a car which will get me 170k-240k car's. Whilst I know the basics i.e. try and find a car with service history etc is there one type I should be aiming for over the other or anything that is prevalent in any of them?

Yes I know that the 3.0tdi is the best but is there anything the 2 or 2.7 is better for - manual or tiptronic (not multitronic)?

Quattro or non?

PS - Oh an I also was considering the Allroad and have read about the air suspension issues so let's throw that in the mix.

Thanks in advance!

Darko

0 0 0

2. Re: What to buy? 2.0TDI, 2.7TDI or 3.0TDI and what to look out for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I would avoid 2.0 TDI until 2009, only if car has full service history and oil pump replaced. I have 2.0 TDI from 2011 and so far is good. I am on 205000km without any problem.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Audi A6 Sedan C6 2.0 TDIe 2011 Condor Grey metallic

0 0 0

3. Re: What to buy? 2.0TDI, 2.7TDI or 3.0TDI and what to look out for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks Novica! Hvala!

I was leaning towards the 2.0 (manual) or either tiptronic / manual 3.0ltr. Whilst I would love a full service history, examples of full service history are it was serviced twice by dealer - first time at 20 or 30k and then at 190k and hence full service history!

what was the issue with the 2.0? I've gathered info about the 3.0 (injectors / tiptronic servicing etc).

I am planning on buying a Ross Tech VCDS to use as a scanning tool for buying a car, but I almost bought a 2007 2.0 TDI manual the other day but he's away until the end of August (when I'll be in country).

0 0 0

4. Re: What to buy? 2.0TDI, 2.7TDI or 3.0TDI and what to look out for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    The issue with 2.0 TDI is oil pump drive. There is plenty examples on net with this problem. Once happen the oil pump stop working and if you do not stop immediatelly whole engine can break down. The problem is resolved with face lift models from 2009 when they start with Common Rail engines.

I have 2.0 CAGB engine, it is ok but a little under power (100 kw), I would sugest you 2.0 with 125kw should be fine.

Pozdrav

0 0 0

5. Re: What to buy? 2.0TDI, 2.7TDI or 3.0TDI and what to look out for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    I dont know about the 2 litre but bloke at work had the 3.0tdi new clutch and dmf Im sure he said best part of 2k!

Wife is on her 3rd 3.0tdi quattro with tiptronic proper slush box auto and all have been good, first one the injectors started to go.
    With the v6 engines if you start them from cold and theres no rattles even for a nanosecond shes a good un.

Being in Austria I would say the quattro would be very handy.
    Only way to get proper slush auto box is to get the 3.0 tdi version.

0 0 0

6. Re: What to buy? 2.0TDI, 2.7TDI or 3.0TDI and what to look out for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks peeps. Looks like I'm leaning towards the 3.0 more and more as I can't seem to find a 2.0 newer than 2007 in my price range.

Are the DIS and Nav screens easy to change? Many of the cars I've found in Austria have the red monochrome but low ks Whilst the colour ones all have higher ks

0 0 0

7. Re: What to buy? 2.0TDI, 2.7TDI or 3.0TDI and what to look out for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    If you buying 3.0tdi go for asb engine or lifted version . First 2004-2006(first half) had issues with chain and tensioners .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: What to buy? 2.0TDI, 2.7TDI or 3.0TDI and what to look out for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks mate, there's a few 07 /08 that have caught my eye. My brother in law is making contact with the sellers and ill either take it to audi for inspection or their equivalent MOT mob oamtc as that'll tell me Something's.

Quote Originally Posted by niedzial1983 View Post
    If you buying 3.0tdi go for asb engine or lifted version . First 2004-2006(first half) had issues with chain and tensioners .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: What to buy? 2.0TDI, 2.7TDI or 3.0TDI and what to look out for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    To change from red screen to color is expensive and need some skils. From other side, if you want navigation then you need even to remove component protection from used parts and for that you have to go to dealer. I would sugest you to find car with as much equipment as posible. When I was searching for my car, the navigation was obligatory.

0 0 0

10. Re: What to buy? 2.0TDI, 2.7TDI or 3.0TDI and what to look out for 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yes decided not to bother. I've found a 7/2008 3.0tdi Quattro tiptronic with full service history (230k), Brown leather, AMI, sunroof . Can't tell which MMI but does have Nav.
    I'll be getting my bro in law to check it with Audi.
    Did this year sort out the injectors? Am I right that 2008 isn't facelift?
    Do I need to worry about the box?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast