Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hi
    I am thinking of speccing the matrix upgrade to the standard led lights for next car. Posted on A6 section but not alot of experience there.

Does anyone have this i believe it is standard on new A7s now?

I am worried that although the idea is great, videos i have seen imply they momentarily dazzle the other driver before reacting and might lead to getting flashed alot.

The dealer told me he thinks they are great, but had caused him road rage once, car pulling in from a side road got angry, guess he should have dipped them manually.

All opinions/experience appreciated.

Cheers
    rob
    S6 Black Avant: Tech advanced, Matrix, Keyless entry, Sunroof, Speed limit display, Tow bar, Rear camera
    Golf GTI (for the Mrs) BMW M140i (for work and fun )

0 0 0

2. Re: Opinion on matrix headlights? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    I've not used mine in auto mode much , but when I have they've been quick to react.

0 0 0

3. Re: Opinion on matrix headlights? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    In my experience the main beam assist feature on all types of headlights can occasionally dazzle incoming drivers, it is not just a characteristic of matrix, led or laser headlights. I preferred the high beam definition of my previous BMW's adaptive xenons with main beam assist to my current A7 with matrix led headlights.
    It's a subjective assessment but imo the BMW's xenons had a crisper edge to the beam which produced a more useful & distinct beam when cornering or reacting to incoming traffic.
    Although the A7 leds produce a whiter light, I find the led beam has a softer edge and lights the verge less effectively than the BMW's adaptive xenons did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7 TDI quattro, 272 ps Black Edition - Tornado Grey, black leather, 20" twin spoke titanium wheels, air suspension, ambient lighting, tech pack adv, parking pack adv, speed limit display, htd front & rear seats, adaptive cruise, memory seats & dimming door mirrors. Gone now: 1 x BMW, 3 x Audi, 1 x Mercedes, 2 x Saab, 1 x Volvo, 3 x Peugeot, 3 x VW, 2 x Citroen, 3 x Ford, 6 x Vauxhall, 2 x MG, 2 x Triumph, Honda CB750K7, Suzuki GT250A.

0 0 0

4. Re: Opinion on matrix headlights? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Evening
    My BE has them, it is my first car with either led and/or matrix. It's really fancy how they dance about but I wouldn't pay extra for them. I know some on here really like them. As always it is personal preference. My xenons on my pre-FL did me nicely and usually I am into a bit of new technology. I have used them a fair few times but never been flashed at for dazzling anyone.

I don't think they are standard but I have been wrong before!
    Arrived- 2015 A7 3.0 TDI Quattro, S-Tronic, Black Edition, Lighting Pack, Folding mirrors
    2014 Volkswagen Scirocco GT, Candy White, Full Leather, Sat Nav, Privacy Glass
    Gone- 2011 Audi A7 Phantom Black Pearl, 3.0 TDI S-Line, Black Valcona leather with brushed aluminium inlays, 20" 7 twin spoke polished alloys, MMI Navigation plus, MMI touch, HUD, Mobile phone prep High - with online, BOSE, Electric seats, Privacy glass, Folding mirrors

0 0 0

5. Re: Opinion on matrix headlights? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I have the Matrix lights but not sure how to use them :-)
    They definitely worked a couple of months ago, was very impressed at them in action. I leave the rotary light switch in Auto position.

When I press the light stalk away from me the white light symbol with the letter A appears on the dash. But the headlights are not on and the blue headlamp symbol on the dash is not lit either.

What do I need to do to? Should the white beam symbol with the A, and the blue headlamp symbol be lit on the dash at the same time?

Want my magic lights back please ! Helpppppp

0 0 0

6. Re: Opinion on matrix headlights? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VDT View Post
    I have the Matrix lights but not sure how to use them :-)
    They definitely worked a couple of months ago, was very impressed at them in action. I leave the rotary light switch in Auto position.

When I press the light stalk away from me the white light symbol with the letter A appears on the dash. But the headlights are not on and the blue headlamp symbol on the dash is not lit either.

What do I need to do to? Should the white beam symbol with the A, and the blue headlamp symbol be lit on the dash at the same time?

Want my magic lights back please ! Helpppppp
    The white symbol with the A means your matrix lights are ready to do their thing. The car uses the nav maps, the car's speed and the camera to figure out when to switch to main beam (the blue symbol) and which of the main beam LEDs to light up. If you're driving out of town at (I think) above 40mph and it's dark enough, you'll see the blue symbol appear automatically, and you will see the beam pattern change to accommodate oncoming traffic / traffic you are following etc.

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 1 0

7. Re: Opinion on matrix headlights? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I've noticed that the blue main beam light hasn't come on very much during the summer, even on rural roads, unless it's very dark (which means it has to be both late at night and overcast). I've used the manual main beam function a few times instead...

Audi A7 TDI quattro, 272 ps Black Edition - Tornado Grey, black leather, 20" twin spoke titanium wheels, air suspension, ambient lighting, tech pack adv, parking pack adv, speed limit display, htd front & rear seats, adaptive cruise, memory seats & dimming door mirrors. Gone now: 1 x BMW, 3 x Audi, 1 x Mercedes, 2 x Saab, 1 x Volvo, 3 x Peugeot, 3 x VW, 2 x Citroen, 3 x Ford, 6 x Vauxhall, 2 x MG, 2 x Triumph, Honda CB750K7, Suzuki GT250A.

0 0 0

8. Re: Opinion on matrix headlights? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ah ha, so that probably why I haven't seen it in a while. Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Do you have to press the light stalk away (towards the dash every time you get into the car to turn on the White light A symbol?? Or does it remember on your cars?

Thanks again.

0 0 0

9. Re: Opinion on matrix headlights? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I have to activate the main beam assist by pushing the stall away every time I want it on. Turning off the ignition cancels the activation.

0 0 0

10. Re: Opinion on matrix headlights? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok thanks Corb2000. Mines the same so. Seems a bit of a nonsense to get it all actually working.

Push stalk away + over 40mph + light/darkness + sat nav/road dependent. All safety I guess when it comes to these 'intelligent' systems.

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast