Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It could have a faulty lambda sensor before the cat on bank 1 but that would not make the ECU enrich bank 2 so to me that says stuck open tank vent valve. Try clamping this off from the manifold and run through the basic settings 028 onwards (NOT 060 with the engine running!)
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Code diagnosis please for Audi a4 cab 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great thanks @Crasher, ok , I can try this, but I don't have a vcds tool to run through this, can I do this kind of check without the tool ? I only have a cheap vag com ebay special and a blue tooth odbc socket ?

Sorry to be a pain, you must get loads of numpties like me fishing for information, but don't have the knowledge or tools to fix them ? (I was kind of hoping it would be th o2 sensor, then I could then just wip is out and replace)

0 0 0

4. Re: Code diagnosis please for Audi a4 cab 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Without full VCDS or similar (VAG PRO) you are going to struggle, you need to be able to see the measuring blocks and what happens when you change things. I think the lambda sensor no activity is because the sensor is flooded BUT it still could be faulty. PM me the cars reg number.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Code diagnosis please for Audi a4 cab 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok, crasher, hoping this might shed some further light on the fault, or worse I've got a completely different unrelated issue.

So car wouldn't start, this morning, suspect battery, jump started the car, but noticed when I checked the battery at halfords.

I've getting smoke coming from the engine, and a smell of eggs in the cabin. I initially thought that the air filter might need changing and perhaps clean the aircon, but now with the smoke, I'm thinking that perhaps the car is dumping petrol into the cat and that is what the smell is?

any thoughts ?

James

0 0 0

6. Re: Code diagnosis please for Audi a4 cab 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    When a petrol engine with a cat has been running badly, if the cat fires up again it will stink of sulphur that has accumulated and any oil on the outside of the cat will get very hot and smoke. It could be that the flat battery has zeroed the adaptations in the ECU and it will have to adapt again but you need some diagnostic work doing otherwise it's all guesswork.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0