Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi people

I am truly at a loss with this. I bought my Audi A3 sport TDI a fee months back and from day one the stop start doesnt work it comes up with an A with a line through it. It does work however if the engine stalls but not when at traffic lights for example. It was also cutting my engine out when i was driving at a lower speed which wasnt very safe.

I have had someone look at it with the computer and was comming up with the aircon but nothing that should cause this problem. The battery was tested and was shown to be reading 120% which was strange the alternator was reading 0 to start and the he manage to get a proper reading eventually on something else. He couldnt sort it so i sent it to someone else and he change a battery connector which was a fault and also put a stop start battery on as it didnt come with one...the people i had bought it from had bought a cheap battery and when i looked at the car it had been jumped started which was strange as he claimed the battery was new but told me it didnt come fully charged also strange...anyway those things were rectified but it still caused a problem...they tried to switch off the stop start and it would not allow them...they somehow solved the engine cuttin off though...so now he as given up and as no idea either. The computer used was vag com. Its literally blowin my mind...i wondered if it had been remapped or if the battery jump start had caused issues...its just strange that it works if you stall it.

I would be so greatful for you help or any input

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

Might need some more questions to be honest. What is the question you want answering exactly now? Also what do you mean by it works if you stall it? Surely an engine cuts out when stalling anyway? Or does you doing what would normally cause a car to stall active stop/start?

From what I understand, the most common cause can be the outside temperature. Afterwards, it's worth checking the battery capacity; check the correct capacity is programmed in the ecu (VCDS or equivalent); check the charge sensor (fitted to -ve sensor) isn't defective.

Before giving further info, i'd need those first few questions answered.
    Mr Dawg is my Father's name

0 0 0

3. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi i mean the stop start works if i stall the car. It kicks in and restarts it but when i get to traffic lights for example it doesnt work. Im wanting to know what the fault could be as 2 garages have looked at it and are at a loss. The battery was showing 110% but it as been changed to a stop start battery along with the battery connector changed and still did it...i am taking it to someone else today so i will ask them to check that. The issue is various vaults are coming up mainly the battery and aircon but nothing to warrant it not working according to the garage people.

Thanks so much so far thats great advise.

0 0 0

4. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How odd. What's the temperature like where you are in the world? Are other devices in your car working? Check the user manual as well - it may give clues as to what is required for it to work.

Let me know what they advise you. Would be interested to hear if they can get to the bottom of it.
    Mr Dawg is my Father's name

0 0 0

5. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Could be as simple as a faulty switch. I'm too interested in the outcome of this.

0 0 0

6. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

Still no luck. I have the stop start battery on now but not made a difference. The temp is fine and everything else works spot on no other issues. As i said if i stall the stop start restarts the engine no problem its mind boggling.

Problem is i have it booked in with Audi but im not sure if to even go for it as ita 60 diagnostics which i already paid else where and then its £70 per hour labour on top of the warrantys £50 and i just cant afford it.

Is there anyway i can check a switch or sensor myself to see if its faulty?

Its really doing my head in.

Thanks

Zoe

0 0 0

7. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

How do i check these? Can i do it myself?

Thanks

Zoe

0 0 0

8. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You'd need a multimeter to test for voltage at the switch.

There is also a possibility it could be a fuse. What year/model is your car?

Also where are you based? There might be a member here that has vcds (same thing Audi use to diagnose faults) saves yourself £60 and instead give them beer tokens, quids in for both .

0 0 0

9. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

Its 2010 2.0 Sport TDI.

That would be amazing. Such lovely people on here thanks so much. Well i think i actually have a diagnosis.

They are saying battery regulation control unit...however i had a diagnosis before which brought up a fault called control module for battery monitoring. Can i ask is this the same thing? As they both said no communication and the precious guy checked this and it didnt rectify the issue so i wondering if this will even fix it.

I do now have a proper Exide stop start battery so can rule that out. It as been coded and still have the same issue.

So if regulation and monitoring are not the same then may be on to a winner.

Will keep you posted 😀

0 0 0

10. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    00458 control module for battery monitoring (J367) that was the fault originally which he changed and the error came back on and didnt fix it.

Then now its the battery regulation control unit but didnt get a code with it

Thanks

0 0 0

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast