1. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    A battery terminal cable wouldn't really be considered a harness.

My fingers are crossed that this is the cure to the problem although I can't see it being the issue otherwise other things wouldn't work.

0 0 0

2. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats very strange eh. Do you think they are telling me tales? Its funny because they put a U before it and it didnt bring anything up it was only when i rang europarts they said to take the U off the start of it and it came up with the part. Its just so wrong. Im calling them tomorrow.

0 0 0

3. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I certainly would be on the phone to them tomorrow. Have they given you full details of their diagnosis yet?

********hips are famous for charging a large fortune for incompetent work.

0 0 0

4. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nope still havent. He just said i have the part number but i shouldnt be giving it to up. Infact im going to email them and then there is a paper trail then.

0 0 0

5. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Absolutely. They shouldn't be allowed to withhold information you've paid for.

Let me know the outcome

Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I sure will. Thanks for your support with this. So kind of you to give up your time to help a stranger. This forum is amazing!

0 0 0

7. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Any news on this?

0 0 0

8. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So weird i was about to message you lol well Audi well and truly ripping me off but i had someone fit the part today after gettin the part number and gettin the part off ebay and the fault went off and then came back on. It took him 5 mins to change it and they wanted to charge 140 quid for 1.1 hours work. Fuming. So Audi have agreed to try the part (which is already now on) so will take it on the 7th and see if they have an extra bit they can do if not the other guy said he will swap it back so i can sell the part on. Audi said if it doesnt fix it they will look free of charge...they did say they would fit the part for no further cost only because i kicked up a fuss and they know they are tryin to rip me off. £35 i got the new part for theu want over £100 pound. What i dont understand still is how the stop start works when i stall it doesnt make sense how it can if i as problems with communication with the monitoring unit. Unless it uses a different method. Just really busying my head �� hope your well.

0 0 0

9. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Could be a number of things. Cars are very strict in how their functionality works. Even though the part isn't broken if it's replaced you know for sure that if you leave the new one on then you have peace of mind and then have the old one as a tester component.

Things are well, I'm diagnosing an aircon fault because this heat is just murder. Went to get it regassed because vcds was showing as low refrigerant but still no joy. Will have to look further into the issue. Annoyed the hell out of me because after that went to get fuel and then the car wouldn't start.

Stuck in a busy petrol station midday is no fun, worst thing about it is the station was unmanned (pay at pump jobby). Thankfully there was someone there to help jump-start. Battery is reading 14.16v with the engine on which tells me the alternator is working so hopefully it's just a battery problem and not parasitic draw from something because the latter are a pain to diagnose.

That aside I hope they really get the bottom of it. If you know the part that needs fitting you could get someone else to fit it, you're not obliged to have audi fit btw.

Thanks for the update too

0 0 0

10. Re: Issues with stop start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Apologies for the late post - I was wondering if changing that part had resolved the issue or did Audi find something else to be the cause?

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast